Hacking Going Online w/SXOS- Clarification Please

D

Deleted User

I did it like this:

- boot into whatever CFW you're using and delete all your internet settings, enable airplane mode
- open SXOS boot menu for the first time, create EMUNAND
- turn off console, remove SD card (this will be your "piracy" card)
- copy only the file needed on boot by SXOS in a new sd card (your "clean" card)
- boot hekate payload, restore SYSNAND backup (absolutely CLEAN, made with hekate before you ever tampered with your console)

So, whenever you want to go legit, put in your clean SDCARD, boot SXOS payload with VOL UP pressed, choose original FW.

If you want to play with your pirated stuff, put in piracy SDCARD, boot SXOS payload with VOL UP and choose EMUNAND (on my first emunand boot, I installed Incognito, enabled stealth mode, and only THEN I set up an internet connection with 90DNS.)
I liked every step except for 90DNS being used. Only used well if you live in the EU region. Plus, it can crash any moment which will allow your Switch to send data to Nintendo about your Switch which can most likely end with ban. If you have stealth mode or Incognito, you don't need 90DNS

Last edited by ,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it like this:

- boot into whatever CFW you're using and delete all your internet settings, enable airplane mode
- open SXOS boot menu for the first time, create EMUNAND
- turn off console, remove SD card (this will be your "piracy" card)
- copy only the file needed on boot by SXOS in a new sd card (your "clean" card)
- boot hekate payload, restore SYSNAND backup (absolutely CLEAN, made with hekate before you ever tampered with your console)

So, whenever you want to go legit, put in your clean SDCARD, boot SXOS payload with VOL UP pressed, choose original FW.

If you want to play with your pirated stuff, put in piracy SDCARD, boot SXOS payload with VOL UP and choose EMUNAND (on my first emunand boot, I installed Incognito, enabled stealth mode, and only THEN I set up an internet connection with 90DNS.)
There is no reason to have 2 separate SD cards since there is no evidence Nintendo scans the SD card to begin with and even if they did, they can just scan for boot.dat which would flag you for a ban in this scenario anyway.

D

Deleted User

There is no reason to have 2 separate SD cards since there is no evidence Nintendo scans the SD card to begin with and even if they did, they can just scan for boot.dat which would flag you for a ban in this scenario anyway.
They could but for people who aren't aware, a friend could put that SD to another Switch and potentially get that Switch banned. Not even booting into CFW once

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could but for people who aren't aware, a friend could put that SD to another Switch and potentially get that Switch banned. Not even booting into CFW once
That's why I'm saying Nintendo doesn't scan the SD card contents because it would lead to too many false positives. Contents on an SD card aren't indicative of a hacked console.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Isn't that the point? my "clean" card doesn't have a boot.dat, and the EMUnand isn't connected to the Internet nor has valid prodinfo data.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that the point? my "clean" card doesn't have a boot.dat, and the EMUnand isn't connected to the Internet nor has valid prodinfo data.
Regardless, its still pointless to use two different SD cards. I connect online all the time with AutoRCM enabled, booting stock from Hekate with an SD card full of homebrew and .NSP files (not installed but too lazy to delete them). There is no evidence whatsoever Nintendo scans the SD card.

ModelZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using sxos online with my own backups, including their certs, since shortly after it started supporting gamecard certs for online, and I'm still not banned yet.
But I also never installed any nsp, and I'm loading the creport and error system modules from atmosphere using layered fs, to keep my nand clear from error logs (keep in mind that custom nca system modules will not work in sxos). Because of this the first thing I do on every sxos start is to disable stealth mode, which is enabled on every boot, to be able to use all online features.

Being able to use my dumps online is also the only reason I'm still using sxos instead atmosphere most of the time.

I'm not sure if they broke this with the new update or not but I've been trying to look everywhere for an update "how to go online with sxos" for what seems like forever. I have my legit games dumped with certs on my switch because honestly its easier when traveling to just swap games instead of swapping and carrying around cards. I can play offline or whatever perfectly fine but the second i try to connect online my switch freezes and i have to restart it. If it wasn't obvious im using sxos as well for that simple reason. xci backups of my legit games. I'm just not sure how to connect online. I have stealth off so i can reach the servers if i need to. the switch just locks up.

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure if they broke this with the new update or not but I've been trying to look everywhere for an update "how to go online with sxos" for what seems like forever. I have my legit games dumped with certs on my switch because honestly its easier when traveling to just swap games instead of swapping and carrying around cards. I can play offline or whatever perfectly fine but the second i try to connect online my switch freezes and i have to restart it. If it wasn't obvious im using sxos as well for that simple reason. xci backups of my legit games. I'm just not sure how to connect online. I have stealth off so i can reach the servers if i need to. the switch just locks up.
Do not go online with SXOS. Just have Emunand installed and have Sysnand be the one to play your legit games online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4