Going Legtit. A few questions first.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by serenade.63, Jul 24, 2015.

1. serenade.63
    OP

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    I'm going legit, graduated college first well paying job, no longer have the energy or patience to keep up with the flash cart and cfw scene. A few questions first though, I currently have mset exploit installed on new 3ds xl, what happens if I do an official update from nintendo? Also, I have all of the "clean" cia's, if i install them to system nand will they still be there after I update? Thanks in advanced!

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Not sure about mset but if you have legit CIAs on sysNAND they will continue to be useable even after you update.

3. serenade.63
    OP

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    Thanks! That's good to know. I guess at this point I'm mostly worried about the update process itself though.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try reading the "1000 ways to brick your 3DS" thread and see if installing mset then updating is on the list. If it isn't I'd say you're likely safe.

5. Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Link'sSpiritualAwakening Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Yeahhhh Id def restore back to a clean nand before doing anything like that. Ur asking for trouble otherwise, because a format with mset can cause a brick