Hardware Homebrew Godmode9i - Unable to restore save (on every gamecard)

Magolor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have been having this issue for months where when I insert a game card into my homebrewed Nintendo DSi where I will then attempt to restore its save data back to the game card with GodMode9i when it will say that it is unable to restore the save. It has been happening with pretty much all of my games, I have even tried to restore it to a game that I just backed up and it will also give the same error.
The games I have tried are:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (freshly backed up and not played the game on the SD at all)

Every game is PAL/Europe and so are the ROMs. I have also attempted to rename the .sav files to match what they were called when I ripped them.

The games are reading just fine on DSi Menu and work, and the filesizes are correct. I feel like this problem is driving me crazy as I cannot find anyone talking about it anywhere or even a solution, so I would appreciate any help.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DSi Camera -> Twilight Menu -> GodMode9i
That would explain it. Once you enter DSi Camera (or any other DSiWare), Slot-1 access is locked out.
To get around this, you need to install Unlaunch. It's covered in the guide.
Once you do or if you already have Unlaunch installed, launch TWiLight Menu++ (or GodMode9i directly) and go from there.
If you aren't sure if you have Unlaunch installed, hold A+B while starting the system.

Magolor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That would explain it. Once you enter DSi Camera (or any other DSiWare), Slot-1 access is locked out.
To get around this, you need to install Unlaunch. It's covered in the guide.
Once you do or if you already have Unlaunch installed, launch TWiLight Menu++ (or GodMode9i directly) and go from there.
If you aren't sure if you have Unlaunch installed, hold A+B while starting the system.
Thank you so much, that seems to have worked. Forever thankful.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol