GOD EATER English Patch

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by _eyCaRambA_, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _eyCaRambA_
    OP

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the corner™
    Hi all,
    as you may know, GOD EATER, the futuristic Monster Hunter "rip-off", will be released on Thursday in Japan.
    No, there has NOT been a leak or anything (luckily), but I was able to rip off the weapon, armor, item and propably skill names already from the UMD Demo of the game.

As I am planning to do an english (and probably a german patch as well), this is coming in handy =)
    Now, a friend who has learned Japanese for about 1 1/2 years, has willed to help me translating. (I only have really, really limited Japanese knowledge xD)
    To make the patch readable and easy-to-use we'd also need developers [​IMG]

You can help us if you:
    • are speaking Japanese pretty well
    • are able to write programs for PC (repointer program)
    • are good at finding pointer tables for strings etc. (cause char limit sucks)
    • are able to code for PSP (probably a homebrew patching the ISO directly from PSP, unsure yet)
    Of course one of these abilities is enough haha [​IMG]

So, if you want to take part translating this game, please PM me with some more information about you [​IMG]

kind regards and thank you for reading

2. fkw12

fkw12 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2009
    New Zealand
    okay, first of all, there has been a leak, and it can't be run on any current CFW so whatever it is that you are trying to do, it's pointless xD

3. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    So... basically you're trying to create a translation patch by having everything done by other people? I believe that someone without any actual experience in any area of translating or hacking is going to have a hard time of directing a project.

4. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    To this guy's credit, he's being nicer about it than some other translation groups.

5. clegion

clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 5, 2009
    United States
    which mostly says

HEY GAIZ ME GOING TO TRANSLATE *game name* ANYONE CAN JOIN, I DON'T KNOW*game langguage* nor ROMHACK

something like that, then they got angry after we told them how is it impossible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.