GOD EATER English Patch

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by _eyCaRambA_, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2010

GOD EATER English Patch by _eyCaRambA_ at 2:49 PM (26,620 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. _eyCaRambA_
    OP

Member _eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi all,
    as you may know, GOD EATER, the futuristic Monster Hunter "rip-off", will be released on Thursday in Japan.
    No, there has NOT been a leak or anything (luckily), but I was able to rip off the weapon, armor, item and propably skill names already from the UMD Demo of the game.

As I am planning to do an english (and probably a german patch as well), this is coming in handy =)
    Now, a friend who has learned Japanese for about 1 1/2 years, has willed to help me translating. (I only have really, really limited Japanese knowledge xD)
    To make the patch readable and easy-to-use we'd also need developers [​IMG]

You can help us if you:
    • are speaking Japanese pretty well
    • are able to write programs for PC (repointer program)
    • are good at finding pointer tables for strings etc. (cause char limit sucks)
    • are able to code for PSP (probably a homebrew patching the ISO directly from PSP, unsure yet)
    Of course one of these abilities is enough haha [​IMG]

So, if you want to take part translating this game, please PM me with some more information about you [​IMG]

kind regards and thank you for reading

2. fkw12

Member fkw12 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    okay, first of all, there has been a leak, and it can't be run on any current CFW so whatever it is that you are trying to do, it's pointless xD

3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    So... basically you're trying to create a translation patch by having everything done by other people? I believe that someone without any actual experience in any area of translating or hacking is going to have a hard time of directing a project.

4. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    To this guy's credit, he's being nicer about it than some other translation groups.

5. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    which mostly says

HEY GAIZ ME GOING TO TRANSLATE *game name* ANYONE CAN JOIN, I DON'T KNOW*game langguage* nor ROMHACK

something like that, then they got angry after we told them how is it impossible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.