God Eater 2 Rage Burst Save Dumping

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Rakidas, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Rakidas
    OP

Rakidas Gay Pirate Queen

Aug 6, 2015
    Australia
    Hi,

Been trying like crazy to even DUMP my GE2RB save, let alone edit it, but the tried and true method of putting the Shell in ux0/patch/titleid then launching browser etc not giving an inch. Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm really keen to have a tinker around in the save and see what makes it tick :)

When trying to use the browser to access gro0:/app/PCSB00875, it just says 'Could not find the application', despite this method working on every other game I've tried. I just bought a new theme for my Vita and applied it, but I wouldn't have thought that would have changed anything at all.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

R. :)

2. Skardale

Skardale Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried to dump it with rincheat

3. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Put Vitashell in ux0:/patch/titleid (GE2RB's titleid). But instead of launching browser (which I assume is the internet browser), launch the game instead. After that, instead of the game being launched, Vitashell would come up instead and then you go to savedata0: and you can see the folder(s) that contain the save data for GE2RB. After that, you can enable FTP server and use whatever FTP client (like FileZilla) to browse through savedata0: and copy the contents of your save over to your PC. The name of the save file is called "SECURE.BIN".

Make sure that your Vita is already in Henkaku mode.

4. CollosalPokemon

CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    fwiw you won't be happy if you want to edit your GE2RB save.

I've had the game since the JPN launch and it's encrypted with a custom encryption and is riddled with checksums underneath the encryption. This also applies for Resurrection.

5. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Unrelated to this, but the strange thing is that I tried to import Resurrection's save to PC and it actually worked for the PC version and vice versa. Sadly, can't do the same with Rage Burst on Vita to PC and vice versa since the game would crash. ;p

6. Rakidas
    OP

Rakidas Gay Pirate Queen

Aug 6, 2015
    Australia
    Thanks for the advice @LinkmstrYT :) I'll give that a go. And I figured it would be locked up tight @CollosalPokemon, given that Freedom Wars has been such a horrible maze, but I thought it was worth a try :) appreciate the input guys :)