Glee game worked, then didn't

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by markmcrobie, Feb 19, 2011.

Feb 19, 2011
  1. markmcrobie
    OP

Member markmcrobie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I updated my USB Loader GX to 2.0, updated my CIOS249 from r17 to r19, then tried to run Glee (wasn't working before on the old GX and r17). It ran fine with CIOS249, but the official mic wasn't recognised. I did some Googling, and seen a tip to try CIOS250. I did that in GX, then the game ran perfect, mic working and all.

The very next time I turned the Wii on (about 10 mins later), with nothing changed since, Glee now just gives a black screen after I try to run it in GX. I checked it's settings, it was still set to 250. I tried 249 again, black screen. I tried 222, black screen.

I then tried it in Cfg Usb Loader (249) and it ran, but mic not recognised. I then tried it in Cfg Usb Loader (250) and it runs perfect, mic and all.

Also Wii Play no longer works in GX (it worked fine for months). I deleted it from my USB drive and re-ripped it from the original disc using GX, same problem, black screen after choosing the game. Again, I tried it in Cfg Usb Loader and it works fine.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

2. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I run it on SM4.2 CFG (Latest) 224 base 57.

3. Gabo

Newcomer Gabo Member

Canada
    What kind of mic are you using? I'm using an intec, and from what I've heard it doesn't recognize that and other generic mics..

4. Gabo

Newcomer Gabo Member

Canada
    I went out to get a konami mic and it works fine now (actually running it with 250 base 57).

But get this - when the konami mic is plugged in it actually detects a generic mic as well!

I wonder if they did that on purpose so you're required to have at least one konami mic.. Sounds kinda schemish to me.. Konami cashing in on their mics..