Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Good morning tempers!
I'll get straight to the point: Normally i wear contact lenses, but occasionally i will just wear my glasses. When i'm wearing my contacts, i have no issues with the 3d effect. This morning i am playing while wearing my glasses again and no matter where i put the 3d slider, or position the way i'm looking at it, i get a ghost or blur as though i'm watching a 3d tv without the glasses. Has anyone else had this issue? The only game i really have at this time is pilotwings so i haven't had a lot of testing.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I have glasses and I have no problems. I do find that my view "sweet spot" angle is really tight though. I don't wear contacts though so I don't have anything really to compare against. It may be because the focal point for your eyes changes some for the glasses (a little further out than your eyeball itself) changing the angle you need to use slightly. Could also depend on your glasses strength.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do your glasses and eye contacts have the same prescription? I wear glasses and infact my left eye is wayy crappier than my right and i can still see 3D with and without glasses without any problems at all.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This really shouldn't happen, seeing as out of the hundreds of thousands of people with a 3DS, there must be quite a few who wear glasses; and no one's ever complained about this before.
You might have some other eye condition such as astigmatism or lazy eye. Check with your eye doctor, and maybe even mention that you can't see 3D clearly.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wear glasses all the time.

I have three games for the system, and I only got pilotwings yesterday.

Pilotwings is easily the one that has the most taxing 3D aspect to it. I sat down with it for nearly two hours on max 3D, I noticed ghosting only once in a plane mission where I was off to the side of the screen making a tight turn; and it was very slight and only for a few seconds. The other two games have been fine

If you're doing fine with your lenses and not your glasses, I'd say the glasses may be to blame, right? Are they prescription?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, the 3D is affected by where you glasses are making your eyes focus. If your eyes are focused narrow-ly (the more common type of glasses), you can still see the 3D fine.

However, the less common type of glasses that allow you to focus far away (wider-ly? lol) then 3D is impossible to see normally. The thing is, with these types of glasses, you can take them off and you won't have any trouble seeing 3D.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This really shouldn't happen, seeing as out of the hundreds of thousands of people with a 3DS, there must be quite a few who wear glasses; and no one's ever complained about this before.
You might have some other eye condition such as astigmatism or lazy eye. Check with your eye doctor, and maybe even mention that you can't see 3D clearly.
But the OP said with contacts it's good, with glasses it's off. That's a clear discrepancy. I wonder if maybe one of the visual aids (the glasses in this case) is slightly off prescription wise. That or the OP simply needs to hold the 3DS slightly differently depending on what they have on at the time.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or it could be that your eyes need time to adjust when you switch between contacts and glasses. Especially if you haven't used one of them in a while.

acturus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
Hello, I wear glasses all the time.

I have three games for the system, and I only got pilotwings yesterday.

Pilotwings is easily the one that has the most taxing 3D aspect to it. I sat down with it for nearly two hours on max 3D, I noticed ghosting only once in a plane mission where I was off to the side of the screen making a tight turn; and it was very slight and only for a few seconds. The other two games have been fine

If you're doing fine with your lenses and not your glasses, I'd say the glasses may be to blame, right? Are they prescription?

pilotwings is definately more taxing than the other games i have played. i put the slider at about 50% for the best results
yes, glasses are prescription

Slyakin said:
As far as I can tell, the 3D is affected by where you glasses are making your eyes focus. If your eyes are focused narrow-ly (the more common type of glasses), you can still see the 3D fine.

However, the less common type of glasses that allow you to focus far away (wider-ly? lol) then 3D is impossible to see normally. The thing is, with these types of glasses, you can take them off and you won't have any trouble seeing 3D.

this seems to be the most logical explanation

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Apr 9 2011, 11:56 AM)
Or it could be that your eyes need time to adjust when you switch between contacts and glasses. Especially if you haven't used one of them in a while.

also a very reasonable explanation. i don't use my glasses too often, typically just a short time in the morning before going to work

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play my 3ds with and without my glasses. I don't wear contacts. I have greater effect with my glasses on but generally am more comfortable playing with them off.

For your situation... I'd wonder if your prescription on your glasses is correct. When was the last time you had the checked? Your presciption WILL change over time... so if you've been using contacts for a year, and those glasses are backups from 3 years ago there could be a very big difference between the two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte