Ghosting a Channel in 4.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kryptonianpimp, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009
  1. kryptonianpimp
    OP

Member kryptonianpimp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has anyone considered modifying a downloaded channel from Nintendo (e.g. the Nintendo Channel) into the Homebrew Channel?
    Couldn't the Hex of the Homebrew Channel be made to look like the Nintendo Channel, Banner, Startup .wav etc... ? Without using .wads or
    the Twilight Hack? (e.g. The private/wii/title/ folder?)

Also, where isTeam Twiizer? What is the delay on 4.0 homebrew menu solution?

KRYPToNiaN

2. kyle007

Member kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i wish lol sounds viable though im at 4.0 with a broken hbc

3. crinz

Newcomer crinz Member

United Kingdom
    could you not just unpack the wad and replace the 00000000.app with the opening.bnr of another channel? repack and install via wad manager?

i reckons i am talking nonsense

4. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Oh my.. No. How are you going to modify it anyway without a way to run homebrew..?

And btw, Team Twiizers are in their Batcave, hacking 24/7 so that you would be happy.

My spider senses are telling me that you have pretty much no idea what you're talking about. And please, pay some respect to Team Twiizers, our Wiis would be collecting dust without 'em. They are real people doing this on their spare time.

5. kyle007

United States
    well hes talking about without the use of a wad sooo lol btw got my hbc channel working again

6. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Oh. I see. Why didn't you say so? It all makes sense now. Ever heard of grammar?

7. kyle007

United States
    roku my reply was to the guy above you lol and yes i have but i dont really care on the internet especially in forums and you wouldnt need a way to run homebrew , hes talking about taking an existing channel from the private folder and modifying the hbc into it at least he's trying to think of a way to run the hbc on a 4.0 wii that doesnt have it