Getting WiiU this week.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by entsd, Dec 23, 2014.

1. entsd
    OP

entsd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2014
    United States
    Hello everyone.

I am glad to find this beautiful forum, I have a few questions, hopefully to get started understanding the new WiiU hacks. In the past, I used to have the old Wii, I have learned how to hack it and enjoy the new features and benefits. Although, I had the chance to download games for free in the old Wii, but I tend to purchase the major games, such as Mario serials and Zelda to support them. I wonder with the new WiiU hack I am able to do the same thing again.

I am going to purchase WiiU this week, any recommendation which games to get with, I found some packages says get Mario Bros + Luigi U for 299 and other said Wii + Mario 3D only with the same price?

Is there a place I should get my WiiU from? (Recommendation)
    Is it safe to hack WiiU?
    What are the benefits if I hack my WiiU?
    Can I just return the setting to the factory anytime?

I am very excited to get the WiiU, please help me out and give me your opinion. I am fresh and new to this now.

Thank you

2. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    1. no
    2. yes
    3. free wii games, gamecube games, emulator, media player, etc
    4. ambiguous

entsd likes this.
  3. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    It's perfectly safe as long as you don't do anything stupid (IE there's a chance of brick with cIOSes like usual).
    One particular benefit - you can use the gamepad instead of the TV for whatever, I really like Nintendont this way.
    Factory Reset won't mess with vWii homebrew, if you mess anything up (like brick it, for example) then you better have a NAND backup.

entsd likes this.
  4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    You could get a Premium Wii U refurbished from Nintendo for like $200 if they still have any.

entsd likes this.
  5. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I bought one for my 9 & 12 year old boys. Best Buy had the 3dD world bundle with Smash and Donkey Kong for $360 over Thansgiving. Either current bundle is good about the same value.

I purchased 3 Pro Controllers as well. Already have a soft modded Wii with 4 controllers. Will probably not mod the vWii for the first year at least. Can't find a compelling reason to do so, not short of inputs in the TV. It has been 3 years since I updated the Wii mod but everything works fine. "Don't fix what ain't broke" :)

Some of the games are coming from Grandparents, they would get ripped trying to by them themselves.

Games:
    3D World
    nintendoland
    smash bros
    Donkey Kong
    Mario Bros*
    Mario Kart (new on sale)
    Zelda Wind Waker*
    Hyrule Warriors*
    LEGO City Undercover*
    Pikmin 3*
    *bought pre-owned by shopping online and knowing prices. Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop, glyde.com, half.com, 99gamers.com. Pric so vary greatly and day to day. Glyde is great.

I used Smash to update to 5.2 and will leave it there for awhile and see how things shake out. If online or DLC becomes really important I might get a used console only to keep my options open.

WiiCube_2013 and entsd like this.
  6. entsd
    OP

entsd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2014
    United States
    Thanks so much, I checked with Bestbuy, sadly it's sold out in the Saint Louis, Mo area. I might have to buy the WiiU and the game separate! I might need extra controller as well for my lil brother, and thanks for the game list, I am looking into them.

7. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    If the kids love Lego City Undercover you should buy them Lego 60007.

[​IMG]

What it includes is Lego bricks as well as a DLC code for extra missions and content for LCU.

thorasgar and entsd like this.
  8. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Small world. STL as well. :)

Right now you are probably not going to get either bundle for less than $299. Get what games you can afford now, but no need to go nuts like I did if you can't get good prices. A few games will hold them off for a month or two.

Make sure you get a mix of multiplayer and solo games. I also picked up a Gamepad silicon sleeve for a little added protection. $10.

Don't forget to get your Gamepad and controller charged up before present it. I have mine hidden under a drop cloth in the basement charging right now. Will wrap it all up in the morning.

Looks cool.

West County Mall has a LEGO Store. You won't get a discount, but it beats driving around to every Walmart and Toys r Us looking for it on Christmas Eve. :)

entsd likes this.
  9. entsd
    OP

entsd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2014
    United States

It's a small world :)

I am taking notes and definitely will consider the Gamepad silicon sleeve protection, I will check Walmart tomorrow. I was just concern if I will ever play some free games once I hack my Wii

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Grab Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario World 3D, Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and if you like survival horror, ZombiU - good games, I quite enjoyed those. :)

entsd likes this.
  11. entsd
    OP

entsd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2014
    United States

I would buy them all if had the money for all these games... Sonic is my favorite since Sega, I just check Hyrule Warriors on Youtube they look fun, especially online :)