Getting PSP online help!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by RhiGhost, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009

Getting PSP online help! by RhiGhost at 12:47 PM (771 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. RhiGhost
    OP

Member RhiGhost GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Ok, so I got a second hand PSP phat and I can't get it online! I've been trying for the last few days but no matter what I do it won't connect.
    I'm trying to connect it thorugh a wirless router that has WEP security on it. All the settings are correct on the PSP and the password is also correct.
    I do not have MAC filtering on and I've tried it with firewall off, nothing works.
    When I set up the connection and the PSP 'tests the connection' it seems to work and doesn't report any errors, but when I try to open my web browser
    it says there is either a IP address error or a DNS error.
    I have read so many tutorials and watched so many Youtube videos but nothing has worked, can someone maybe suggest something I haven't done or tried?

Also, I'm waiting for my Pandora to arrive in the mail and I've got a few games already. The game downloaded into its own folder and inside the folder there are 14
    files called 'dfc-asem.001' is this right? And if it is, how does it go onto my memory card to enable me to play it? Do I need to take further steps.

Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

2. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Not sure about the online thing. What type of router do you have?

But to play those games you need to extract the game with something like winrar, or 7zip.

Ill give you a link for 7zip (free software) - http://www.7-zip.org/download.html (Get the .exe)

Just extract these folders and youll have an iso file or a cso. Then just drag the game to the right folder on your psp.

3. Kbs

Member Kbs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    For the online thing, do you have your WLAN switch turned on? Not sure if that would help but just thought I'd throw that out there.

4. RhiGhost
    OP

Australia
    Yep I've got the WLAN turned on and I have a Belkin router.

I've got 7zip but when I right click on the game file there is no option to unzip it. They aren't folders, they are acutal files.

5. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you installed 7zip correct when you right click there should be a 7zip option to allow you to extract. You need to extract from either the .rar file or the lowest file available if there is no .rar file present (I hate this feature in 7zip, WinRAR can unrar from any file in the group).

6. RhiGhost
    OP

Australia
    Thanks, reinstalled 7zip and it worked [​IMG]