Getting Homebrew back after 4.0 upgrade.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gsinnit, Apr 5, 2009.

Apr 5, 2009
  1. gsinnit
    OP

Newcomer gsinnit Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok i deserve a slap, i must have been knocked on the head at birth.

I have 2 Wii's, one mine one a friends. I attempted to install the HBC on my friends without thourghly reading the forum instructions [​IMG] . I installed the HBC successfully on the system then after the final restart i was prompted for an upgrade. Without knowing i accepted and upgraded to what i now know as version 4.0. To top it off for some reason i removed the HBC after the upgrade with intentions of doing a new install [​IMG] and now i cant get it to work. The twilight hack wont copy over to the Wii memory. I have formated the system memory thinking that would clear all and i could start a fresh but this hasnt helped. When trying to copy over the hack it says it is already there or that the file cant be moved.

I have since attempted to do the hack on my own and it went all well, forum instructions followed this time obviously. [​IMG]

I have been looking for a thread that instructs how to downgrade from ver 4.0 but as far as i can see this is not possible yet.

Please can some one help out as i dont want to let my friend down. [​IMG]

2. WiiMonkey

Member WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So your friends wii has nothing on ie cios HBC or anything and its on system menu 4.0

3. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    You have to wait for a new exploit for sys menu 4.0. The current twilight hack doesn't work with 4.0 an because of that you can't install homebrew channel or downgrade. Hopefully comex will release his exploit within next week.

4. gsinnit
    OP

Newcomer gsinnit Newbie

United Kingdom
    @WiiMonkey

Yes thats right, the HBC was all installed and running fine pre upgrade. Post upgrade i removed the HBC via the channel setting in the menu. And yes it's on system menu 4.0.

@david432111

I was kinda dreading that answer. Will it be that soon for an exploit to be released for er 4.0?