getting games running on vwii @16:9

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by street, Jan 30, 2016.

1. street
    OP

street Banned

Banned
    Jan 17, 2016
    i cant get out of 4:3 mode when i run new super mario bros on vwii anyone know how i can sort this my tv wont let me change it either says unavailable the vwii side of things works at 16:9 just not when i start a game

Last edited by street, Jan 30, 2016
  2. H3llbender

H3llbender Cancer

Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    sup3rgh0st likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you use a forwarder to launch your USB loader instead of launching it through HBC it should solve that issue (or if not, use another forwarder)

4. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I can confirm that @H3llbender is correct. I had the same issue back in the day and this workaround fixed it

5. street
    OP

street Banned

Banned
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hi and thnx for replying how would i install this on my wii u in place of the original hb channel

Last edited by street, Jan 31, 2016
  6. Chuardo

Chuardo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    Uruguay
    The title ID of every Sega Master System game starts with L, and every Sega Master System title the console puts it on 4:3 automatically, the title ID of the Homebrew Channel it's "LULZ", the Wii U thinks that it's a Sega game and puts it on 4:3
    To fix this you can get a Forwarder for the Homebrew Channel, a Forwarder of the Loader that you are using or a Homebrew app that puts HBC on 16:9 once you enter to the HBC and load the app, I don't remember the name of it tho.

You can install any Forwarder or wad in general with "Yet Another Wad Manager Mod" (YAWMM)
    Only install a wad when it's compatible with vWii, obviously, if not you will brick the vWii.