Hacking Getting corrupt saves on a few games

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hardware/software is listed in my sig. Most games have been working fine, but I've had a few corrupt save issues. Lunar Knights gives me a lockup and corrupted data when I try to save about once every 15-20 times I save. Amazing Adventures and Mystery PI (both very similar games by the game company) gave me a black screen and corrupt data about 75% of the way through. Izuna corrupted once but never again after hundreds more saves.

I'm pretty sure the ROMs are all ok. Is this just something that happens with flashcards, or could there be an issue? I've played dozens of other games with no problems.

(originally mistakenly posted on the games board)

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well, you should clean, ie. backup and reformat, your microSD every once in a while. Cleaning your microSD should reduce problems with files getting corrupt and backing up will help you keep your saves in the event your data does get corrupted.

It's pretty usual for data to get corrupted every once in a while (which is why it's a good idea to back up) but if it happens too often, change to another microSD. If the problem still happens then maybe you have a bad Cyclo. Try cleaning contacts or use the paper trick.

MHx_scythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to make regular backups of you save files as well, in case it's a recurring problem. I usually do it every time I plug mine in.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
MHx_scythe said:
You might want to make regular backups of you save files as well, in case it's a recurring problem. I usually do it every time I plug mine in.
If you want to get technical, just write a script and set it to auto-run every time you plug the microSD in. Auto-backup
nyanya.gif

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: Try another DS.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Ericthegreat said:
I've heard of ppl haveing this prob cause they changed to "Alternative" save. (in settings)

I use Alternative save regularly and have never received any problems with corruption of a save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality