Hacking Getting back the "Health & Security"-app?

Sabishi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've recently installed a bunch of cia-games with "BigBlueMenu", which was injected into the "Health & Security"-app. But now I'm thinking about selling my 3DS (Old, 9.2.) and I need to get back the original "Health & Security"-app. How can I do this? Will formatting the 3DS work? :wacko:

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting it won't work: You have to find the correct .cia from the 9.2 update pack on the iso site.

You might as well update back to 10.3 though: If you wanted a clean sysnand, downgrading doesn't downgrade everything, and updating will replace all the NAND files with the 10.3 update files.

Also if you were selling it at a store: I'm pretty sure they update them as they refurbish them, too. The sooner you do it, the more likely the buyer will have a 10.3 (hackable) system.

(It's "health & safety" by the way)

Sabishi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Formatting it won't work: You have to find the correct .cia from the 9.2 update pack on the iso site.

You might as well update back to 10.3 though: If you wanted a clean sysnand, downgrading doesn't downgrade everything, and updating will replace all the NAND files with the 10.3 update files.

Also if you were selling it at a store: I'm pretty sure they update them as they refurbish them, too. The sooner you do it, the more likely the buyer will have a 10.3 (hackable) system.

(It's "health & safety" by the way)

I see... But I created a NAND.bin before injecting anything.. Can I use that to restore the H&S-app? (I'm still kind of new to this and so I'm just beginning to understand how everything works :blush:)

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have a hardmod, you very likely made that NAND.bin after you've downgraded. As I've said in my previous message, downgrading doesn't give you a clean 9.2 firmware, because some files don't actually downgrade (unsure why, maybe to prevent bad sig checking resulting in bricks?)

If you don't really care about that though, you could probably sell it at 9.2 for a higher price.... If that's the case, restoring NAND.bin to sysnand will work, and you can do that by putting NAND.bin on your SD root, going to gateway menu (no flashcart needed), and holding Up when pressing A on "Downgrade Console".

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently installed a bunch of cia-games with "BigBlueMenu", which was injected into the "Health & Security"-app. But now I'm thinking about selling my 3DS (Old, 9.2.) and I need to get back the original "Health & Security"-app. How can I do this? Will formatting the 3DS work? :wacko:
0004001000022300 v3077

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Sabishi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unless you have a hardmod, you very likely made that NAND.bin after you've downgraded. As I've said in my previous message, downgrading doesn't give you a clean 9.2 firmware, because some files don't actually downgrade (unsure why, maybe to prevent bad sig checking resulting in bricks?)

If you don't really care about that though, you could probably sell it at 9.2 for a higher price.... If that's the case, restoring NAND.bin to sysnand will work, and you can do that by putting NAND.bin on your SD root, going to gateway menu (no flashcart needed), and holding Up when pressing A on "Downgrade Console".

That's the point. I would like to sell it at 9.2. :) But maybe I'll just update it to 10.3 and gift it to a friend.. Hm..

One last question: Let's say I restore the NAND with my .bin file (yes, it's was created after downgrading, my bad). Will I be able to update the 3DS to 10.3? Or can I just update to 10.3. without using the NAND.bin before? (Thanks for all this help! :shy:)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the point. I would like to sell it at 9.2. :) But maybe I'll just update it to 10.3 and gift it to a friend.. Hm..

One last question: Let's say I restore the NAND with my .bin file (yes, it's was created after downgrading, my bad). Will I be able to update the 3DS to 10.3? Or can I just update to 10.3. without using the NAND.bin before? (Thanks for all this help! :shy:)

0004001000022300 v3077

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install that CIA to your Sysnand using Dev Menu
I don't think they know how to get that .cia though... Use 3DNUS to download that file. Pack it as a .cia and install it to SysNAND (Destination: NAND if using FBI) with a CIA installer: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/

Just an alternative/faster solution than flashing the entire NAND.bin to NAND.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, was that one of the files they pulled from the server? Dang.

Well, can't you find 0004001000022300.cia in the Europe 9.2 update pack for O3DS/N3DS?
It should be there dont see why not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wish the temp was more lax it would make helping people so much easier.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it would be obvious, but someone actually told me that 0004001B00010802.cia and 0004009B00010402.cia are missing from the 9.2 N3DS update packs (I believe all regions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.