Getting back into the ROM stuff :P

uanaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hey guys, im recently going back to my DS and its flash cards after about a year and a half hiatus. And I was wondering if someone could help me get back up to speed.

Just to let you know

I have a DSLite, and a genuine R4. But I heard that other flashcarts are being more advanced, since the R4 company has stopped with updates on the firmware.

So I was wondering if someone could suggest a new microsd adaptor approx under $40? I was looking at the CycloDs iEvolution, and I was wondering would that card work on my DSLite? Since it is supposed to be for a DSi?

In addition, should I upgrade to a DSi or even a 3DS or should my DS Lite be able to handle the firmware and homebrews.

And finally, one last thing, what other accessories should I get along with a new flashcart and maybe a new DS? I remember there was an EZ Flash 3-1 which would go in the GBA slot, but I forgot what that did, if someone could refresh my memory it would be great.

Thank you!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having a iEvo w/o a DSi isn't that great(well it's fine but you don't get to access the extra features). I would get a 3DS instead of a DSi.

It's either Supercard DSTWO if you want functionality or Acekard2i for cheapness and nice compatibility for games. iEvo if you want DSi features.

The 3in1 provides extra RAM for some homebrews and can play GBA games.(Would get this if your getting AK2i and wants GBA games)

uanaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for such a quick reply, but I also have some more questions now that I read what you wrote. If I just stay with my DS Lite, then I would just need the AK2 (since i might not get a new DS)/ and what about the EDGE? I heard it was a nice, easy to use and cheap card. Also which is the best card to dump, a legit game .sav onto a flashcart?

Thank you!!

uanaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Im really far behind. I took a break the week before the AK2 came out, so if you can, could you explain the AKAIO?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Just keep your R4 they are one the best carts only downsides are not DSi/3DS compatible and only SD cards. Get an acekard 2i with AKAIO or wait to see if there is a REAL 3DS flashcart.. Or DS2 they're really good.

uanaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I need help getting back into the "scene"
biggrin.gif
and if I get a "fake" R4 that can hold SDHC like 16and 32, would that also work with wood's firmware?

Thanks

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
D

Deleted-236924

uanaka said:
biggrin.gif
and if I get a "fake" R4 that can hold SDHC like 16and 32, would that also work with wood's firmware?

Thanks
There's an R4 clone that supports DSi and microSDHC. I believe it's the R4i Gold, but not 100% sure.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pingouin7 said:
uanaka said:
biggrin.gif

Thanks
There's an R4 clone that supports DSi and microSDHC. I believe it's the R4i Gold, but not 100% sure.
To be correct this R4i Gold because there are a lot of them, but only one supports R4 Wood and the link is the one
(you can not buy from shoptemp, but it gives a link to the best most trusted sites)

uanaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your replies. I found them very helpful, but I was hoping if someone could possibly give me a good pro and con as well as a suggestion based on my needs..

if someone could compare the R4DS Original, DSTWO and the AceKard2i?
Also please suggest one of the three above ^ based on this : I like pokemon games, and many games in general. I don't really listen to mp3's, I might watch movies and I love homebrews! Also one, that comes with like firmware to help dump .sav of a retail game onto my flash cart. Thanks

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uanaka said:
Thank you for all your replies. I found them very helpful, but I was hoping if someone could possibly give me a good pro and con as well as a suggestion based on my needs..

if someone could compare the R4DS Original, DSTWO and the AceKard2i?
Also please suggest one of the three above ^ based on this : I like pokemon games, and many games in general. I don't really listen to mp3's, I might watch movies and I love homebrews! Also one, that comes with like firmware to help dump .sav of a retail game onto my flash cart. Thanks
http://gbatemp.net/t276151-the-beginner-s-...o-ds-flashcarts
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=220468
http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread
Read those links, they'll help you greatly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...