Homebrew Getting an error with switch2uneek

Xtreme2damax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to select my system menu version of my nand dumps with switch2unique I get an error stating "Cannot move back subfolders of nand, returning" and then it returns to the system menu. I have a v3.2U dump and a v4.2U dump, both are decrypted, the folders and files are placed in nands -> SM3.2U (For system menu 3.2U) and nands -> SM4.2U (For system menu 4.2U) and I'm getting this error.

How can I fix it?

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that happens in the first set-up, then you need to copy two files from the switch2uneek package to the main folder
or root directory of the USB drive:

1. nandslot.bin
2. nandpath.txt

In the first set-up, there is no NAND content in the root directory or main folder of USB drive so the application
needs to know that it is the first set-up (therefore, it will not try to copy back the NAND content from the main folder
to its corresponding stored location, in your case: SM3.2U or SM4.2U directories).

Let me know if this does not solve your problem.

Xtreme2damax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have both those files in the root of the drive and it still does the same thing. Do I need to edit nandpath.txt with the actual path to my nand? If so, what is the format I should use for the folder my nands are in?

I've been having a problem with my usb drive, not sure if it's a problem but I can't get emulators such as WiiSX, Wii64, Desmume Wii to find my games on the usb hdd and need to use an sd card for my games. It seems Wii Explorer is a bit flakey with mounting the usb hdd upon launching Wii Explorer homebrew so that may have something to do with it.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to edit anything. As long as you dont have any NAND content in your main folder or root directory
of your USB drive then the first set-up should work.

The NAND format should be the same as the one required by UNEEK.

I would suggest to first try using UNEEK by itself (without using switch2uneek) and see if that works for you.
If it is then PM me so I could help you step by step debugging the issues (if it is switch2uneek problem).

tao_paipai93

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have the same problem , now it's fixed
i was wrong because i have modify the file named "nandpath.txt" i have put the name of all nands folder ( when i read the file readme i think i understand this ^^)
i have delete it (= "nandpath.txt") and replace it by original (from the package)

Now it's run well !

Thank you very much for you tools ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs