Hacking Getting a wii

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,951
  • Replies 41
D

Deleted User

OP
So... i'm gonna get a wii soon, anyone got tips for hacking it? And whats the max supported sd card? Y'know.. if roms and games are loadable that is...

So main question is, whats the main CFW/whatever there is and what are its pros/cons

What should i watch out for?

I'm getting this wii used so i know that something might have happened, or not... i dont have it yet so idk

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Modmii.
Best solution there is.

If it's a boot1 vulnerable Wii, you're in luck.
Seeing that will make it practically unbrickable.

As for game loading, USB loading for Wii games and Dios Mios for Gamecube USB loading.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Run the Hackmii installer on it.
It'll definitely tell you if it's got a vulnerable boot1 for BootMii install.

Serial of the Wii also works, 99% of the time.
Could be it's one of the late 2008? Wii's or a swapped case.

D

Deleted User

OP
So i got a picture of the wii, and the post i read about boot2 compatability is a bit vague.. the serial is LU7092XXXX... since its listed under in the red ares i guess boot1 or 2 or whatever isnt doable?

lvAD2gC.png

Source: http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=69634

EDIT: and my serial isnt listed under the two other things linked in the thread i found that thread in.. https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-check-a-boot1-version-before-purchase.327877/

Last edited by ,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, probably not boot1 vulnerable, then. You'll want Priiloader to reduce your chances of something permanently bricking your console, then.

I wouldn't install anything except the Homebrew Channel, Priiloader and d2x cIOS until you're more familiar with the guts of the Wii's operation. You shouldn't need anything else. DIOS MIOS is old and no longer maintained so if you want to run Gamecube games I'd recommend Nintendont as it's more compatible and doesn't require installing anything on the console NAND.

The only gotcha I can think of is if you try USB Loader GX make sure you get just the forwarder channel and the newest executable. DON'T use the "full channel" one as it is no longer maintained.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
D

Deleted User

OP
Nope, probably not boot1 vulnerable, then. You'll want Priiloader to reduce your chances of something permanently bricking your console, then.

I wouldn't install anything except the Homebrew Channel, Priiloader and d2x cIOS until you're more familiar with the guts of the Wii's operation. You shouldn't need anything else. DIOS MIOS is old and no longer maintained so if you want to run Gamecube games I'd recommend Nintendont as it's more compatible and doesn't require installing anything on the console NAND.

The only gotcha I can think of is if you try USB Loader GX make sure you get just the forwarder channel and the newest executable. DON'T use the "full channel" one as it is no longer maintained.
I'll have to keep this in mind when i get it on saturday, since i have modmii installed on my pc do i get rid of that or?

And general question... for saturday when i get the wii. Anyone got a link to a tutorial that matches this kind of criteria?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, ModMii is quite useful. It's easier to get the d2x wads to install with it than it is to use the installer app, plus it has a lot of other features you might want later on.

stehpaniie's tutorial is quite useful, but you can skip installing DIOS MIOS unless you really want it. I personally don't use it anymore since it doesn't support streaming audio in games and Nintendont does.

D

Deleted User

OP
So.. ive been trying to get usbloader and nintendont to work.. neither read games from the usb stick or the SD card :/ anyone got a tutorial on hot to get those working? @GreyWolf and that tutorial that you linked helped a bit, with installing hombrew channel.. thats about it.. since it only has a tutorial for dios mios and not nintendont, sad how the official page doesnt have a tutorial either

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
So.. ive been trying to get usbloader and nintendont to work.. neither read games from the usb stick or the SD card :/ anyone got a tutorial on hot to get those working? @GreyWolf and that tutorial that you linked helped a bit, with installing hombrew channel.. thats about it.. since it only has a tutorial for dios mios and not nintendont, sad how the official page doesnt have a tutorial either
I had the same problem before i switched to a Custom USB LoaderGX i can PM it to you and you could see if it work's if you'd like...

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

First make sure the usb stick is on the right format, using mod mii get Wii Backup Manager, use that to install the games on the stick or the SD, second set the paths to load from USB or SD, and make sure you have it selected on the hard disk options of USBLoader GX

D

Deleted User

OP
First make sure the usb stick is on the right format, using mod mii get Wii Backup Manager, use that to install the games on the stick or the SD, second set the paths to load from USB or SD, and make sure you have it selected on the hard disk options of USBLoader GX
I'm not quite sure what to do.. i'm fairly new to the wii filesystem, so i'm not sure if port 0 is usb1 and whatever.. and it didnt let me change the drive letter

D

Deleted User

OP
When you load up USBLoaderGX what happens?
Loads instantly then shows an empty view, and i put Nintendont and the wii games in the right folders.. i think... does usbloader gx support .cso? Because most wii the games are way over 4gb and wont let me copy them. Also, is there a different method i'm supposed to use for .iso?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: