Getting a 'virgin' SecureInfo_A

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pscytheology, Mar 12, 2016.

1. pscytheology
    OP

pscytheology Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2015
    Heya... I just successfully region-changed my JP N3DS to US emunand 10.6 using SecureInfo_A file from my unused O3DS. While I'm enjoying the success, I might actually want eShop access in the future (possibly transferring my NNID from my main N3DSXL into it).

I read that I would need SecureInfo_A from a 'virgin' system that has never been connected to the Internet. However, running the exploit (whether it is Ninjhax, Gateway, or browserhax) requires an Internet connection. I think I can find some 'virgin' system in some second hand shops, but I just want to make sure that the Internet connection required for the *hax doesn't count towards SecureInfo_A registration with Nintendo servers...

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: a bit more info... My O3DS has been used for eShop purchases and NNID registration, so that SecureInfo_A is as un-virgin as it can be.

EDIT2: It seems that most region-changing guides are assuming the users are going to cia-install everything. If the full eShop functionality (purchases etc) is impossible, I would still like to have at least the ability to download game updates. Anyone with success stories?

Last edited by pscytheology, Mar 12, 2016
  2. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Don't quote me on this, but if you setup the tubehax DNS on ANYTHING (be it your 3ds, PC, home router, etc.), Nintendo servers will be blocked, but you'll still have internet access. The tubehax DNS is 107.211.140.065, by the way.

EDIT: Whatever you set it up on will block Nintendo servers. Don't expect to set it up on the 3ds and have the servers blocked on the Wii U also.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus, Mar 12, 2016
  3. orly3

orly3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    I'm quoting you :P
    DNS is set per device, it is possible to block nintendo servers through your router, but changing DNS on your pc won't change anything on your 3ds.

OP: not sure about that one, never done any region changing personally.

Shadowfied and Hoppy like this.
  4. pscytheology
    OP

pscytheology Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2015
    If I'm not wrong, tubehax DNS only blocks the update checks, not the entire Nintendo servers?

I would really appreciate it if anyone who managed to have eShop access on region-changed console can chime in...

5. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    I apologize for the fact that I can't speak on the matter of accessing the eShop after a region change, because I never have changed my region, but I would like to say that the tubehax DNS blocks ALL Nintendo servers (including the eShop, Miiverse, etc.).

pscytheology likes this.
  6. gameking66

gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    eShop doesn't work with a virgin SecureInfo_A.

7. pscytheology
    OP

pscytheology Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2015
    So, essentially the region-changing guides are actually not accurate then? Or it is simply that it used to work but Nintendo patched it out?

8. gameking66

gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    Pretty sure it's the former. Not accurate as most people haven't actually tested it themselves.

Someone posted some memory patches that they claimed have worked, but I haven't personally tested. It might be possible to externally launch eShop, but I haven't tested that either. It definitely doesn't boot as normal with a donor/virgin SecureInfo.

9. pscytheology
    OP

pscytheology Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2015
    Are you referring to the 3 SD card trick when you mentioned about memory patches? I know that 3DS doesn't properly clear memory upon reboots...

10. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    There is a NTR string you have to use every time you want to enter the eshop "every time". But it requires a system transfer and a bunch of other mumbo jumbo before hand. Not really user friendly. That and it requires a PC for each use.

The 3 memory card trick is for O3DS only and has had mixed results.

Basically like me, you are without eshop. I haves searched the interwebs for months and these are the only two options I could find.

As far as getting a virgin secureinfo_a you could hex edit your own to change the region. Eshop won't work still but everything will match your system.

pscytheology likes this.
  11. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that eShop on a region changed New 3DS won't work regardless of whether or not your SecureInfo file has been used before or not, due to the serial not matching as a result of the region change.

At least that's what I've gathered. I've been looking for eShop access on my region changed N3DS emuNAND for a while now with no such luck.

12. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    There is a TON of steps to get your US nnid to JPN. You have to manually patch every part of cardboard with custom scripts as well as manually writing the SN every time.