Getting a replacement console

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MichiS97, Mar 18, 2016.

1. MichiS97
    OP

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Hi guys :)
    In the light of the recent developments concering an exploit for 5.5, or the lack of such, to be precise, I've given some thought to buying a replacement console that's on an exploitable firmware.
    I've got a couple of questions about that, though.

1. Can I use pyGecko on 5.4.0? This is really the only application I "need" (I really don't like to use the word need here, I wouldn't need it to play my games obviously) or want. However I kind of lost track in the Wii U scene lately but AFAIK loadliine works on 5.4 so I guess pyGecko would, too.

2. This goes to European, especially German people. Where should I start looking for a replacement console on an exploitable firmware? I've looked through the German eBay and I found seven replacement consoles without any sort of accessories like cables or the gamepad going for about 100€, which would be a perfectly acceptable price for me. However, one offer says that it is already on 5.5.1, so that's no use and the other offers don't say anything about the firmware at all. I guess my best course of action would be to message the people selling these consoles?

It's not like I'm dead set on buying such a console, I mean paying 100-150€ just to be able to use cheats is pretty insane but still, I'd really like to have an exploitable console, I'm in kind of a dilemma here :D

Finally, I'd like to address some things at the end of this post:
    First and foremost, I'd like to say thank you to all the people responsible for finding exploits and developing apps for the older firmwares, you really did an amazing job, keep going, even if you don't want to release anything for newer firmwares, yet.
    Secondly, I'm still in shock about the reactions to the rumors of Hykem being raided by many many people on here. They seem not to care about the faith of this guy at all, all they're concerned about is that the IOSU exploit is not going to be released now. This kind of behaviour is totally horrible and is clearly showing an immense lack of empathy in some people on this forum. Hykem, I hope the rumors aren't true and that you have staged this to get those pesky people off your ass. Regardless of if the rumors may be true or not, I'd still like to wish you good luck with your future endeavors, you did not deserve the treatment you got on here.
    What I'd also like to say is that this thread should not in any way be about me being frustrated and angry at the devs for not releasing an exploit for my firmware, I'd just like to get some information on this alternative way to get my hands on homebrew for the Wii U and I'd also like to ask you not to turn this thread into some sort of discussion/flaming/whining thread like you've done so often before.

looseless likes this.
  2. Azeryn

Azeryn GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    United States
    1. Read the stickies, it answers your question.

2. You answered you own question, ask the ebay sellers. Also try pawn shops, rummage sales, gamestops... you know, anywhere that sells used shit...

3. Quit riding Hykem's dick. He was a liar and a fraud.

3. MichiS97
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    1. Stop being a prick
    2. Actually, that's all.

PokeAcer and Voxel like this.
  4. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I actually watched this thread to get some decent answers so I get a good idea of what I'm doing when I pick up a new exploitable Wii U in the near future, myself. I didn't expect a rubbish answer such as this. :mellow:

MichiS97 likes this.
  5. MichiS97
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Well it was to be expected, people are bummed out and narrow minded, which is a bad combo most of the time

ajd4096 and Voxel like this.
  6. Azeryn

Azeryn GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    United States
    Hey, I answered his 2 questions fully...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This whole thread could have been avoided if:

1. You read the stickies.

2. Used some common fucking sense.

7. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    I know you are Germany, but there are some Wii U fw 5.3.2 on the Australian eBay (ebay.com.au) for about $au150... Maybe some of them ship to Germany...? It's pretty much a EU console so would work perfect for you.

8. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Ah, I see. So it's his fault he just asked a couple of harmless questions that were pretty obscured/hidden away within the stickies.

Perhaps if you knew that they were in the stickies beforehand, you could've actually took the extract from the sticky and placed it here.

MichiS97 likes this.
  9. Azeryn

Azeryn GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    United States
    I wouldn't really call the first post in the biggest sticky here called The Definitive Guide pretty obscured/hidden away...

ajd4096 likes this.
  10. MichiS97
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Thanks dude! Gotta ask all of the sellers if they ship internationally. Though I'll probably start with asking the German sellers about the firmware on their consoles.

And since I seemingly need to justify my questions: I don't really like to rely on stickies with things like this because those are often not updated frequently enough. So please, leave me alone.

Last edited by MichiS97, Mar 18, 2016
  11. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    Just make sure you tell them NOT to connect the Wii u to the Internet before they check... It happened to me once when I was going through the process asking buyer firmware info... And had to send the 1 console back because it was auto updated by mistake!

MichiS97 likes this.
  12. BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    United States
  13. MichiS97
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    That's 350€ on Amazon for me :D little too much

14. BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    O damn... it's only $275 for me, my advice would be to look for the same bundle possibly.

15. MichiS97
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Well my goal is to buy a used console without any accessories because that's a lot cheaper than buying a new console, let alone an old, rare bundle

16. BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    I think the time you are going to put into finding a used one that doesn't have 5.5.1/5.5.0 isn't going to be worth the savings, but good luck.

17. nintendarium

nintendarium Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2015
    got mine for 150 back in 2015 .
    worht it anyway even without the scene IOSU.
    i always buy a second or even a third console at the end of the gen.
    for example i have 4 gamecubes...XD
    as for the firmware really get a way to check it, it's really important if ever a IOSU will appear some day.

18. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Ignore user is a great function!

19. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    All new consoles sold have at the most 5.4 on them. That is the only way to be guaranteed the correct firmware, or buy it from a place like a pawn shop, where you can verify the firmware version.