Genesis Plus GX - Black Screen ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by hardenmetapod, May 2, 2016.

1. hardenmetapod
    OP

hardenmetapod Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    Canada
    Hi All,
    So I am running a wii with homebrew. I just installed Gensis Plus GX from the homebrew channel, which I believe is version 1.7.3.

I have transferred all my genesis roms, with file extension .gen into the roms folder within my SD card. When I run Genesis Plus GX all my games can be seen and launched, but all that loads is a black screen. The wii is not frozen, and I can navigate around.

I have haphazardly been browsing through my games and trying to run them, and all but one do not load.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. AaronZ

AaronZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2012
  3. hardenmetapod
    OP

hardenmetapod Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    Canada
    AaronZ thanks. I have installed the update.

Before I performed the update, I downloaded some new roms to try and got one working. After the update that same rom no longer works. In my new list of roms, I am getting either a black screen, the game playing, or the game showing a black screen then throwing an exception. Any suggestions? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the pattern of working / non working games.

Also, when I remove the SD card to move files, within the ROMS folder there are two blank files with unusual names, the first one the name is just the symbol of a square, and the second, the symbol is of a triangle, no extension.

Adding an update.
    I attempted to reload the entire app today, and when I tried to load it on the Wii it no longer showed up. I looked on my SD card and it is now a file with no extension, and the folder is gone. I assume this is some sort of corruption on the SD.

Attempting to copy over SD contents and start with a new SD card.

Last edited by hardenmetapod, May 5, 2016
  4. hardenmetapod
    OP

hardenmetapod Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    Canada
    I have replicated my entire SD card onto a new SD card, and installed the roms, removing the old ones. Now it works.

Updating with solutions for any one else having the same issue.