Hacking General questions about new homebrew

crimson_chin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tl;dr: My Wii homebrew is outdated, the guides are for vanilla Wii's, but I have a softmodded wii, please help.

About a year ago, I installed SoftMii on my Wii, and i've been checking the homebrew scene from time to time. Now, I want to install all the new stuff, but the problem is - there's so much guides and homebrew software, that I don't know what to do. And all the guides are mostly aimed at unmodded wii's, but mine is already softmodded.
I have a Wii with 3.2E firmware. I installed the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack. It has Preloader installed, so I first need to take that off. Next is CIOS (hopefully it's not against the rules to talk about removing it?). Basically, I need instructions on how to remove SoftMii.
But after i've removed it, I want to upgrade my Wii to the newest, safest, and best homebrew software. There's guides about how to install it on 4.1, but I have 3.2, and I don't know what system version is the best supported homebrew version. So i'd appreciate it if you guys told me what's the best choices, here.
Next, the homebrew itself. For example, is the Homebrew Channel still the best choice, or are there alternatives? What version of BootMii is the best? What (DVD ISO, not HDD) backup loader is the most compatible and fast?

P.S. I don't have a high post count, but that's because I've mostly been checking the forums for new homebrew, and have not posted that much yet. So please don't give reactions like "The TS has a low post count so he probably will never come back"
P.S.S. If you have comments like "Use the search bar", fine. But please, include a few articles/guides with such a post.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
delete
happy.gif

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
crimson_chin said:

P.S. I don't have a high post count, but that's because I've mostly been checking the forums for new homebrew, and have not posted that much yet. So please don't give reactions like "The TS has a low post count so he probably will never come back"

So you have been checking out the forums for 7 months and still dont know what to do????? There are plenty of posts here including ones in the EXACT same position as you that would help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes