Hacking General PS3 modding questions.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to mod my slim PS3. I've checked, and good news, I CAN mod it. But I'm sorta lost at where I should even start.

I'd like to play PS1 ISO's, PS2 ISO's, and continue to play physical PS3 games. I don't really need to play PS3 backup's, and I don't really care to connect to PSN. Although I would still like to be able to download game update patches for PS3 games that I haven't played yet.

I've also been considering upgrading my harddrive. Should I do it before installing CFW, or wait until it's modded? Also, do I even need to upgrade the internal, or can I install PS1/PS2 ISO's on an external harddrive?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would update the internal HDD before installing CFW because there have been reports of people "softlocking" on the "Insert a USB drive with a valid PS3 FW file" while having CFW.

Before installing CFW I highly suggest you disable automatic sign-in on PSN, and creating another user who doesn't have a PSN account and making him the default user the PS3 chooses/signs into when booting, seeing that you don't care about online play.

As for PS1 games they need to be either on .iso or .bin format and they need to be in a folder called PSXISO, either on the root of an USB drive inserted on the right most USB port or on the root of your PS3's HDD

And as for PS2 games they need to be on .iso format and they need to be on a folder called PS2ISO on the root of your PS3's HDD, they can't be on a USB drive because PS2 mode on PS3 sorta disables reading from USBs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night