Homebrew Question GeForceNow on switchroot : feedback ?

Keriam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,

I'm using a pre-release of switchroot in version Android 10 for GeForceNow and i have some random artefacts issue : i would like to know if others people have the same issue.

To me more accurate on network side, i also have a NVIDIA ShieldTV and i renember i have some such issues in lan or wifi using GeForceNow : sometimes i have no issue, sometimes it was a nightmare (it was before the launch of paie version). I have the fiber, a strong 5ghz wifi, PS4 remote play with chiaki works perfectly.
I've tried to change quality Settings but same issue : sometimes, lots of artefacts on the screen.
I also tried the pc version and it seems there is no issue even at 1080p 60fps.

My understanding if this issue is : wifi on Switch with Android is bad or GeForceNow on android is not good compared to pc version. what do you think about it ?

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A friend of mine uses Geforce NOW on his phone to play Destiny 2 with it mirrored to his TV for 1080p at 60FPS and has zero issues. So it's most likely a WiFi issue. From my understanding, Switch wifi isn't exactly top notch no matter how good your internet is.

Keriam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer, you give part of solution.
I've tried GeforceNow on my phone : it works very well, no artefact. I tried again on switchroot : same artefact issue.

To my mind, two reasons can explain it :
- it comes from the switch, bad wifi : i cannot do anything. I have before the same issue with the Shield tablet (i sell it for this reason : unstable wifi despite after changing wifi antenna)
- it come from the android build and wifi driver : i will try another build...

I will keep you inform ;-)

AntonGinov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No issues at all for me.
GeForceNow is working flawless and I'm using wireless.

I also use the Xbox game pass but that one gives me some artifacts from time to time but it's not so bad.
I live in Greece and and the game pass is not supported right now and I'm using a VPN to bypass this, so maybe this is the issue.

Did you try to switch servers?
Keep in mind that geforce occasionally struggles with streaming cause of the lockdown I guess. Too many ppl using it and all that. Sorry for the bad English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off