timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a D2Pro9 chip with USB programmer installed in my Wii and I want to run Gecko OS. Although this does not change any installation or setup factors for the Gecko OS Homebrew app, the modchip requires that I return to the Wii menu and eject the disc after playing. So let's say I start a game up with Gecko OS with the cheats and all, and I'm done playing. Can I just press the Home button on my Wiimote and return to the Wii menu? Or will this damage my Wii?

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried Gecko OS and it didn't work, but that's not really a big deal. But I do have a problem about playing a game from the disc channel. After I followed the Wii Fix Guide everything went fine and I have the custom IOS installed but now when I put in one of my game discs it says that there is a Wii System Update ready. No, this does not happen for all games, just games that have been released after firmware 3.4 came out. So is there an app that can remove the need to preform a system update? (Apparently, Starfall is outdated)

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I think you should go down to 3.2U since it is probably the safest incase you brick your Wii. There's a few guides and then you can install Starfall (I'd also install Preloader just to be safe)

I'm not sure on this one but Preloader might work, and your might be able to turn those updates off with that, but I wouldn't really risk it on 3.4

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
Well I think you should go down to 3.2U since it is probably the safest incase you brick your Wii. There's a few guides and then you can install Starfall (I'd also install Preloader just to be safe)

I'm not sure on this one but Preloader might work, and your might be able to turn those updates off with that, but I wouldn't really risk it on 3.4

Is there a guide you recommend to downgrade to 3.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8