OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hello all again ^^

i know that i'm going to be flamed for life by asking this but....

by searching on google i found that there's a new (well not really new) version of GCOS wich is supposed to run on wii.

i downloaded the package from here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.ph...5513#post445513 (registration required)

and inside the package there are some self booting isos for PAL US and JP consoles and a folder containing the binary file as .dol

if i put it on my sd card and run it from the homebrew channel does it work? what can i use it for?
by reading aroung i noticed that it was used as a sort of softmod on gamecube to run backup (misunderstand?)
can it be used also on the wii to run GC backups without a modchip? or a modchip is still required?

thnx in advice and sorry for the question wich maybe is a taboo in here
frown.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking about this. I would really like to be able to play my Gc backups. we need a version of GCOS that works with the Homebrew Channel.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
it won't work, because GCOS is doing low-level stuff that only work for Gamecube compatibilty mode

and there is actually no known way of switching from Wii mode into Gamecube mode, but I guess they are working on understanding how it works from the System Menu disc channel

your only choice is to boot from the SD Media Launcher disc

icefox2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But with the new libdi and Waninkoko's custom IOS37 which gives us access to the DVD drive wouldn't it be possible for someone to port gcos for use in the Homebrew Channel so that we can play Gamecube backups? Or at least make a similar program maybe...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
icefox2 said:
But with the new libdi and Waninkoko's custom IOS37 which gives us access to the DVD drive wouldn't it be possible for someone to port gcos for use in the Homebrew Channel so that we can play Gamecube backups? Or at least make a similar program maybe...

No. It's the same reason you can't have GBA games from Slot-1 on the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more