forkyfork

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've recently ordered a wii, but I've always wanted to play GCN games.

I was thinking about buying a modded gamecube, but was wondering how GCN games would be handled on the wii. When the wii is finally hacked, will I be able to play GCN games, or will those be an afterthought? Should I buy a modded gamecube now? How long before the wii is oficially hacked?

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if ur gonna buy ur games and play legitly, all gc games work on a wii, including foreign ones with freeloader

if ur gonna be a fag pirate and pirate games that are already extremely old and cheap, then get a modded gc.

trebulator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Pssh... obviously he's a cheap bastid, or some kid with no money trying to get around not having money by shamelessly pirating games. Either way, he just wants free games. >_>

Oh, and kidman, any person can guess that the Wii will be hacked soon... thats just the way things work. Until then, play Wii Sports or something.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woah, everyone calm down. There's no need to flame him for asking a question.

I would assume that once the Wii gets a modchip that it would play Gamecube games as well but there is no sure answer until a modchip is released. And that may be quite a while seeing as how long it took them to make a modchip for the Gamecube.

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
quick question, I heard Freeloader works great on the Wii.
but say.. if I were to play a PAL GamCube backup on my PAL Wii system. Would Freeloader still make it work?
or are they always set to make them play NTSC on PAL machines and such?

Purple@work

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quick question, I heard Freeloader works great on the Wii.
but say.. if I were to play a PAL GamCube backup on my PAL Wii system. Would Freeloader still make it work?
or are they always set to make them play NTSC on PAL machines and such?

You can play PAL GameCube Games on a PAL Wii without freeloader!

Edit: I don't think Freeloader lets you play backups though...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to Play-asia, the freeloader doesn't work on the Wii, but the Action Replay does.
And you can't play backups in a Wii even though the exploit is still there.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that the GCN emulation on the Wii is not 100% spot on like advertised. I am noticing some errors when I play all my games such as sound skipping, temporary freezing and the occasional crash (I played Zelda on it)

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woah, everyone calm down. There's no need to flame him for asking a question.

I would assume that once the Wii gets a modchip that it would play Gamecube games as well but there is no sure answer until a modchip is released. And that may be quite a while seeing as how long it took them to make a modchip for the Gamecube.

Oh I believe that a modchip for Wii won't take nearly as long as it did for GameCube... I don't think Nintendo put too much money into protection beyond what the GameCube used. It's probably very similar to the protection GameCube used. And since standard DVDs are being used (though the way they are written and such is different), I'd say give it maybe 2 months before a working exploit is found, and then 2 months more after that for modchip developers to make known what they plan to release. So all in all, by Summer 2007 Wiis will be modable.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that the GCN emulation on the Wii is not 100% spot on like advertised. I am noticing some errors when I play all my games such as sound skipping, temporary freezing and the occasional crash (I played Zelda on it)

Maybe your disk is scratched or sumthing. I been burning a hole in Smash Bros. Melee and haven't noticed any glitches or anything.
ph34r.gif

Reactions: HNKii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy