Hacking GC USB Loading?

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
This is just a little unuseful feature I added for fun! Many games won't work. Many games will just work as normal. Some will run faster. Also, this is unstable.

GC games are still launched in "GC mode". This won't help for USB loading at all.

THIS IS JUST GC MODE RUNNING "FASTER".

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Stop.Asking.About.GC.USB.Loading.

Seriously, if I see one more Topic, I'm going to scream. Obviously you didn't knew about DIOS MIOS, or you don't care, because you can't pirate with it .

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Blue-K said:

Seriously, if I see one more Topic, I'm going to scream. Obviously you didn't knew about DIOS MIOS, or you don't care, because you can't pirate with it .

I agree, its a very easy solution for GC loading over USB. BUY A FREAKING WODE!

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thehritzinator said:
Now that we can load GC games in wii mode, how close are we to running them thru usb loading?

Any monkey that can compile SNEEK could have already done this by uncommenting two lines in /es/EC.c (120,121) and ta-da any gamecube games launched from any method (SM, Gecko OS, etc.) will launch MIOS directly.

In revision 105 Crediar took these lines out, so you just have to add them to the ES_BootSystem function in /es/EC.c (adding them after line line 119 would work)

if( *TitleID == 0x0000000100000100LL )
*TitleID = 0x0000000100000101LL;

Pretty much anybody could figure out what the code does by just looking at it. (BC = 0x100, MIOS = 0x101)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So what you are saying is that with this we will be able to run GC games on a HDD thru USB, by adding those two lines into the code of sneek...?? I really doubt it...!!
unsure.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
So what you are saying is that with this we will be able to run GC games on a HDD thru USB, by adding those two lines into the code of sneek...?? I really doubt it...!!
unsure.gif
No. He's saying you can load GC games with full Wii CPU by adding those two lines, effectively doing the same as the "easter egg" in Waninkoko's cIOS r20.

This works because BC is what shuts down the Wii hardware, before switching to MIOS, and by adding those lines, you make it that if the system is told to launch BC, it'll launch MIOS instead, so the hardware isn't shut down. The easter egg in the cios does effectively the same thing, by just loading MIOS without going to BC first.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:

Considering it hasn't even been released, how do you know what you can/can't do with DIOS MIOS? Sure, crediar's said lots of things about it, but that was also the case with wanin and rev20 and TriiForce.
laugh.gif

Besides, renting, buying or borrowing games, dumping them and returning them is still piracy. Yay poor Pirates!

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, so that's what the Easter Egg is! Man, USB loading might be nice and whatever, but playing GameCube games faster is tight. Unstable, huh? Ah well. That's still pretty cool.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Dopply said:
Ha, so that's what the Easter Egg is! Man, USB loading might be nice and whatever, but playing GameCube games faster is tight. Unstable, huh? Ah well. That's still pretty cool.

EDIT I misread as it is late, I thought you thought that usb loading is the easter egg

mod can delete this if they want

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosehunter said:
if( *TitleID == 0x0000000100000100LL )

So if TitleID is "0x0000000100000100LL" lets reassign the same value back to TitleID?
What's the point in that?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
harmor said:
So if TitleID is "0x0000000100000100LL" lets reassign the same value back to TitleID?
What's the point in that?

Erm no, if title is BC launch MIOS

QUOTE(moosehunter @ Aug 6 2010, 05:45 PM) if( *TitleID == 0x0000000100000100LL )

wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    they go hand in hand unless you want a plumber performing your triple bypass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    If it's needed to keep you healthy it shouldn't cost you $90k. The fact that it does is an enormous problem
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    but yeah, affordable is all i'm asking for
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i'd be happy with affordable dentures
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With my old dentist he even encouraged switching insurance every quarter
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And if the concern is that "well we can't trust the government to intervene for this because the government can't do anything right and wastes tons of money" then holy shit push for a better government. I'm certainly trying to. Don't throw your hands up and go "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 that's crazily expensive. how long will that take to pay off?

Although diet is largely education, people don't need to go to university to learn what's healthy and what's not,
    it's the whole country, big corporations and advertising that is to blame for leading most of the population to believe that poptarts and froot loops are healthy to feed a child
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i would think the population knows better but with food deserts and abject poverty, sometimes a poptart gonna have to do.
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    it's a big ol complicated world innit
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    As someone who went through the grade school system in the US some time within the past 30 or so years, not nearly enough is done to promote and educate on how to eat healthy in a way that is feasible to do on a regular basis and also affordable. Eating healthy is, comparatively, fucking expensive. So is eating unhealthy, but in many cases eating unhealthy is more affordable than eating healthy
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: As someone who went through the grade school system in the US some time within the past 30 or so...