GC games through USB loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ozguy, May 22, 2009.

May 22, 2009

GC games through USB loader? by ozguy at 12:31 AM (4,618 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ozguy
    OP

Member ozguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have been using CoverFlow with a USB HD and have a bunch of Wii isos on there.
    Is there any way to have GC games on HD too?

CoverFlow does not recognize GC disks if you try to rip them from there, and WBFS Manager shows GC disks as 0 size for data.

So does the file system have any capabilities for GC games, or just native wii?

2. Lolrik

Newcomer Lolrik Member

Norway
    Nope, at the moment there's no loaders that can play GC games.

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No you can't run gc games through a usb loader because when the wii runs gc games it turns off all wii functionality so no usb ports = no usb loading for game. Something completely new will have to be done in order for that to happen, and that has not happened as of yet so at least for now that's not happening. WBFS = Wii Backup File System...I think...but it's built for Wii games regardless so yes it's just native wii.

4. trogoldito

Newcomer trogoldito Member

United States
    What about Wiiware/Virtual Console games?
    I'm assuming all of the emulators out there run through game cube compatibility so they will not work with USB loader, right?

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    No, the emulators run in Wii mode. In theory, I think it would be possible. The thing is, WiiWare and Virtual Console-games are supposed to run from the really fast NAND in the Wii. Running from USB might make them really slow. Of course, something like Nintendo does (copying the game to NAND, then running it) would be perfectly possible.

6. dottor_male

Member dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I remeber someone posting a video of GC games running in wii mode, so maybe is posible in the future...

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Mhm...you mean that one here:
    ?

Well, with GC-Games, it's realy hard, nearly impossible to do...the whole MIOS would have to be changed, so it can "see" and use the USB-Ports...it's possible, but unbeliveable hard...this was answered several times btw...please use the search...

@VC/WiiWare: Not shure, but I think WiiMU can launch Channels without the System Menu..or am I wrong? [​IMG]

8. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    it seems UniiLoader can load gamecube game through USBloader.
    Edit :
    Nevermind, It's not loading iso, just booting DVD from the usbloader screen using Mios.

Sorry

9. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Yes, wiimu launches channels...