GC games through USB loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ozguy, May 22, 2009.

1. ozguy
    OP

ozguy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2009
    United States
    I have been using CoverFlow with a USB HD and have a bunch of Wii isos on there.
    Is there any way to have GC games on HD too?

CoverFlow does not recognize GC disks if you try to rip them from there, and WBFS Manager shows GC disks as 0 size for data.

So does the file system have any capabilities for GC games, or just native wii?

2. Lolrik

Lolrik Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2008
    Norway
    Nope, at the moment there's no loaders that can play GC games.

3. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    No you can't run gc games through a usb loader because when the wii runs gc games it turns off all wii functionality so no usb ports = no usb loading for game. Something completely new will have to be done in order for that to happen, and that has not happened as of yet so at least for now that's not happening. WBFS = Wii Backup File System...I think...but it's built for Wii games regardless so yes it's just native wii.

4. trogoldito

trogoldito Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2007
    United States
    What about Wiiware/Virtual Console games?
    I'm assuming all of the emulators out there run through game cube compatibility so they will not work with USB loader, right?

5. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    No, the emulators run in Wii mode. In theory, I think it would be possible. The thing is, WiiWare and Virtual Console-games are supposed to run from the really fast NAND in the Wii. Running from USB might make them really slow. Of course, something like Nintendo does (copying the game to NAND, then running it) would be perfectly possible.

6. dottor_male

dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2008
    Italy
    I remeber someone posting a video of GC games running in wii mode, so maybe is posible in the future...

7. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Mhm...you mean that one here:
    ?

Well, with GC-Games, it's realy hard, nearly impossible to do...the whole MIOS would have to be changed, so it can "see" and use the USB-Ports...it's possible, but unbeliveable hard...this was answered several times btw...please use the search...

@VC/WiiWare: Not shure, but I think WiiMU can launch Channels without the System Menu..or am I wrong? [​IMG]

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it seems UniiLoader can load gamecube game through USBloader.
    Edit :
    Nevermind, It's not loading iso, just booting DVD from the usbloader screen using Mios.

Sorry

9. ddp127

ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yes, wiimu launches channels...