GC Backup Loader 0.2 Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by nerdybamboo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. nerdybamboo
    OP

nerdybamboo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but I have been reading this forum since I got my acekard 2i.
    I decided to softmod my wii today and I still have no idea what I did, but it does seem I can use homebrew.
    I am really new to this kind of stuff, and I really need help with my GC Backup Loader 0.2
    Uhhh, I ripped Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.iso onto one of my disks and tried to start it with
    GC Backup Loader. When I did, the whole screen turned green and it had a weird sync wave (but straight) effect
    ><
    After the greeness, the wii suddenly rebooted by itself.
    This also happens of Neogamma.
    Anyone can help?
    I have disconnected my GC Memory Card, GC Controllers, and I have burned it onto a dvd disk
    [​IMG]
    Help?
    Thanks

2. toejam316

toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2007
    New Zealand
    Have you tried Wii Backups or other Gamecube Backups to confirm if your drive allows you to run backups?

Have you checked the compatibility charts, and tried a different cMIOS?

3. nerdybamboo
    OP

nerdybamboo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    I think my iso might be PAL, does anyone know where to get NTSC to PAL?

EDIT
    It is NTSC-U, and I burned it onto a disk using imgburn....
    What version of CMIOS should I use?

EDIT EDIT
    Do I need to Shrink the iso?
    D:

4. Vertimyst

Vertimyst Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Canada
    Teh Netherverge, Canada
    I'm having a similar problem, only with Neogamma and my backup of Wind Waker. My Wii has trouble reading discs, but when I do get it to work, Neogamma launches the game (I get the disc id and stuff), and then a green screen, the disc stops spinning and the Wii reboots.

I've tried several versions of Neogamma, including the latest R9 beta, R8, and R7 (which previously worked for me before I removed my softmod stuff - this is a new softmod).

5. toejam316

toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2007
    New Zealand
    try different disc brands, and try a cMIOS based on MIOS v4 for best compatibility.

6. Vertimyst

Vertimyst Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Canada
    Teh Netherverge, Canada
    The reason my Wii has trouble reading discs is a faulty drive, I think, and not related to the 'green screen reboot' - though just FYI, I use Verbatim DVD-Rs, good quality discs.

Edit: Oh snap, turns out that was it - I forgot to install a cMIOS. Thanks. [​IMG]