Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I once had this Pokemon Rip-off for my GBC (maybe it's not even a ripoff, but it sure seemed like one) . It was called "Pokemon" and i don't remember much of it, but in the beginning cutscene you are at some huge tree and a baseball drops near it. And with the tree you somehow get teleported to this other world with all the pokemons. There were no pokeballs as far as i remember and you could even get other Trainers Pokemons when you have beat them. I remember there was this maze that you needed to solve by going down-left-up-up (i think) in some forest.

Anyone had or remembers this? I wanted to try it on an Emulator, but since it's a clone i cannot find any info about it.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea i think that's the one, thanks.

EDIT: But damn i don't remember the games translation being THAT bad. I mean i can barely understand what is anyone saying. But who knows, i was a kid back then and understood english only a little that's why i didn't mind it. But damn lol...

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol I had this only it was called Pokemon Green. Speaking of which, does anyone know if pokemon blue/red was every modified/patched to change difficulty or anything like they are doing to platinum now?
tongue.gif
I wanna play it again just have it more challenging.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wolffangalchemist said:
more like a digimon rip off with pokemon's title, at least thats the way it seemed to me.
Actually, it is a pirate translation of its own kind of small franchise called Keitai Denj? Telefang. Diamond is based on the "power" edition of the first version, whereas another bootleg, dubbed Pokémon Jade, is based on the speed version.
There is a successor for GBA, called Keitai Denj? Telefang 2 and again divided into power and speed versions. However, I do not no any translation for it, especially not using the Pokémon brand.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pokemon Jade is impossible to find anywhere.
I liked this game, but the translation was not made by the same people who bootlegged it.
They just ripped off someone elses shitty translation.

Anyway, I've played Telefang 2, and there is a translation for it, but it's just the menus, many of the items and the start of the game.
frown.gif

Otherwise, I would play it from start to end - but I'm kinda stuck and it's not as fun when you don't understand anything.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IzzehO said:
Lol I had this only it was called Pokemon Green. Speaking of which, does anyone know if pokemon blue/red was every modified/patched to change difficulty or anything like they are doing to platinum now?
tongue.gif
I wanna play it again just have it more challenging.

Pokemon Yellow.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fabis94 said:
I once had this Pokemon Rip-off for my GBC (maybe it's not even a ripoff, but it sure seemed like one) . It was called "Pokemon" and i don't remember much of it, but in the beginning cutscene you are at some huge tree and a baseball drops near it. And with the tree you somehow get teleported to this other world with all the pokemons. There were no pokeballs as far as i remember and you could even get other Trainers Pokemons when you have beat them. I remember there was this maze that you needed to solve by going down-left-up-up (i think) in some forest.

Anyone had or remembers this? I wanted to try it on an Emulator, but since it's a clone i cannot find any info about it.
Dragon Warrior Monsters maybe? Sounds like DWM to me.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I liked it because I was actually fooled that it was a successor of G/S. I actually got up to that part where I could finally swim with that Level 16 "so called Pokemon" that looked like a very light blue Mantine. Then it got glitched and what do you know, I beat a friggin' Level 75 Osie.

That time, I thought Ruby and Sapphire were the rip-offs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk