Gameboy Modding!
This group is for people who enjoy modding Gameboys of every kind. Feel free to post your Gameboy mods here!
Gameboy Modding!
Gameboy Modding!

GBC Compatible IPS with Gameboy Color Accelerator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GET-WREKT
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 39
  • Replies Replies 6

GET-WREKT

New Member
Newbie
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
39
XP
34
Country
United States
Hello!

Has anyone installed a Gameboy Color Accelerator mod? I can't seem to find a compatible screen upgrade. I have tried funnyplaying Laminated v2 and semi success with IPS LCD Q5 w/ OSD. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
 
Hello!

Has anyone installed a Gameboy Color Accelerator mod? I can't seem to find a compatible screen upgrade. I have tried funnyplaying Laminated v2 and semi success with IPS LCD Q5 w/ OSD. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
What exactly would the problem be with an IPS mod if an overclock is done? Does the screen get all wonky during speed up?
 
What exactly would the problem be with an IPS mod if an overclock is done? Does the screen get all wonky during speed up?
Yes, in my case half screen starts scrolling left to right lol. And the menu for the ips comes up randomly, it's very strange.
 
Yes, in my case half screen starts scrolling left to right lol. And the menu for the ips comes up randomly, it's very strange.
What's your battery situation like? AA batteries? If so, what kind? Or is there a Li-Po mod done?

The default power regulator on the GBC sucks.
 
What's your battery situation like? AA batteries? If so, what kind? Or is there a Li-Po mod done?

The default power regulator on the GBC sucks.
Interesting question. It makes me want to try some things. I am using lithium rechargeable AA atm. I do not have a clean power board. I was debating on doing it and recharge. Didn't want to do too much at a time. You think new power board or recharge mod may help with power draw etc.
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Jayro
Members:
326
Threads:
38
Messages:
163
Photos:
6

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted