GBAtemp Tournament Week - Overwatch

card-overwatch-7eff92e1257149aa.jpg

It's high noon. Or rather, it will be, in CDT, when our latest tournament starts! So far, we've raced in Mario Kart, boosted to win in Rocket League, and created mayhem in Pokemon Showdown, so now it's time to move onto Overwatch. This tournament will focus on 1v1 Mystery Duels, where the first to win five rounds will move on. Since there is no crossplay for Overwatch, this will be for the PC version, so if you're entering, be sure to leave your Battle.net username in the comments below. Whoever comes out on top will net themselves a lovely $25 gift card.

Preset: 1v1 Mystery Duel Map: Ecopoint: Antarctica

The tournament will be at 12pm CDT (1pm EDT, 5pm GMT, 4am ACT, 7pm CET).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words, you must own the game, which is exclusive to blizzard battle net, not steam. Hopefully they will make it cross platform play. :ninja:

Are any of these being streamed? I mean don't we need proof of victories?

bibouboul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, it's the first game of the tourney I can join so I'll try even if I haven't played Overwatch in quite a while. My Battle.net username is Bibouboul. A quick question the time of the tourney is Tomorrow 12 am CDT time, right?

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's the first game of the tourney I can join so I'll try even if I haven't played Overwatch in quite a while. My Battle.net username is Bibouboul. A quick question the time of the tourney is Tomorrow 12 am CDT time, right?
hee hoo! Nope! 12 PM! Also, you will have to put in your battle tag number, as shown in my post! Hee Hoo!

Last edited by Deleted member 397813, , Reason: im dumb
Reactions: bibouboul
Clarification

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I should PSA, that Friend System on Battle.net are per-region. As in, I could add someone from USA in USA, but not if im in the EU. The region this applies to is when you initially login to your Battle.net launcher it asks which region when you put in your email and password.

If the competition is going to be played with primarily USA people, telling users to logout and log back in to specific region (there's also multiple USA regions I believe ://) to be able to see friend requests and such.

UmlOe8M.png

This also applies in game. You won't get group/party invites from USA users if your in EU e.t.c.

EDIT:
Also, you could change Overwatch's region to the user's region, open the game and THEN add people's battle tags from within overwatch itself, that will work, however you still must match game regions to play.

EDIT 2:
If I had to recommend what to do here, is have people put their battle tags and region they usually play on.

e.g. I want to participate:
PHOENiX#211466 - Europe

Last edited by PRAGMA,
Reactions: Chary and relauby

bibouboul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I forgot my tag, It's bibouboul#21363

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hee hoo! That is correct! Also, you will have to put in your battle tag number, as shown in my post! Hee Hoo!
...that is NOT correct. 12 PM, not AM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over