Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
package.png
GBAtemp Tempmas Mini-Competition #6
Greet a Newcomer in the Best Possible Way!

Competition #4 winner: Myke! First, please let us apologize for the delay regarding the results of Competition #4 -- two entries were tied and we had to take an extra voting round! Unfortunately for you pancake_wallet, your amazing entry lost to Myke's superb artwork!

Competition #5 winner: Myke! Good job man, you did it again! Your impressive (although not exactly real) GBAtemp Tatoo impressed us all, your entry received 100% of the staff votes on this one! We will be contacting you regarding prizes and will be updating this topic once the prizes have been decided.

thegbatemp.jpg
Today we announce the the sixth day of the Daily Tempmas Mini-Competitions that GBAtemp will be having throughout the month! If you didn't see the announcement about the mini-competition, kindly click here. Yesterday's competition was quite fun and there were some witty ideas from you lot! We're excited to see what kind of entries we get in for today's contest...

c8.gif
Today's competition
Everyone was a noob once. Yes, even the admins, even you, even me. But what makes GBAtemp such a nice Hotel is how nicely newcomers are received in our Introductions forum! So today, we will ask you to pick a random Introduction topic and post the best newcomer greeting message!

icon14.gif
How to enter?
Please follow these instructions very carefully! We will not accept your entry if you fail to comply with all the instructions.
To enter, simply send an email to [email protected] with a link your entry.. You may also post a link to your entry on the forums if you so wish, but remember to send the e-mail too otherwise you won't be entered in the contest!

tempmaspackage.png
Winners & prizes
We will reveal the winner and the prize for this competition tomorrow, when the next competition is announced! Remember that prizes will be getting better and better at each competition, and that we will have a special contest on Christmas Eve! You have until tomorrow, 8:00pm GMT to enter this competition! Again, if writing isn't your cup of tea, please do not worry as we will be having a different theme every day! Good luck everyone!

smile.gif
Special Thanks
We would like to thank all the staff members that have been involved in the event organization so far, without forgetting our generous partner shops!

YallStore.com · KickGaming.com · IShopVideoGame · DealWoot
Remember that the best way you can support GBAtemp is to buy from our partner websites!
(IShopVideoGame was formerly known as GameYeeeah)

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Tempmas 2008 Advent Calendar

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my entry!

playallday said:
Welcome to the gamers home.
There's pizza on the floor (still warn I think), coke cans everywhere.
Toni Plutonij is in the corner getting a new Tattoo (OUCH!), don't bug him now, he gets mad easily when hes in pain.
tinymonkeyt and aznvienna are killing each other in Call of Duty World at War. Someones wining by one point.
Me and Brian117 are fighting off all the n00bs. Hes got 346 points and I've got 312 points.
science is trying to kill the bots in IRC.
Costello and Little are talking about "us" (if you know that I mean).
Matt93 is burning his Gamecube, so much for that Soldering job!
chuckstudios is trying to hack me, so far I'm safe.
SO HAVE FUN, BE GOOD, FOLLOW THE RULES AND JUST MAYBE YOU MIGHT NOT GETTING BANNED!

pancake_wallet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh damn, congrats, Myke! And two consecutive wins, what are the chances? (I especially love the fake tattoo, that is pure genius.)

Thank you for the honorable mention!

As for this competition... I'm a n00b myself, so I really can't see how much help I can offer, if at all, to any other newcomers. (Perhaps this would be a good time to post an intro myself? dur hur)

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I personally like pancake_wallet's more since it has a more animeish look to it rather than mykes american style comic look. Congratz and best of luck to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't...