9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
I once thought like you mr OP, but, I finally realized I couldn't care less if GBATemp wants to be all things gaming, and even officially ban the linking to what we already know is out there.

We all know just about the entire community here is younguns with one excuse or another for not having the cash needed to get all the games out there.
Uh, no. This is what we call a huge, sweeping generalization. I for one don't use the USB Loaders to pirate stuff, I use them because I love having a hard drive full of games. It's a convenience thing. That, and I can have them linked from the System Menu, and I can put the actual disks up into my closet to make space on my shelf, while still having easy, lazy access to the games.

I think the difference here is that, for example...the USB Loader and the WAD installers. They can be used for piracy, but they also can be used in legitimate ways (to play my games I own from USB, and to install custom channels, respectively). This 'piracy shop' or whatever, it's purpose is piracy only. That's all. That, and by not posting illegal crap, you hopefully can keep the site up longer since you aren't...I don't know...getting sued to hell and back (don't say it couldn't happen, it well could).

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
I once thought like you mr OP, but, I finally realized I couldn't care less if GBATemp wants to be all things gaming, and even officially ban the linking to what we already know is out there.

We all know just about the entire community here is younguns with one excuse or another for not having the cash needed to get all the games out there.
Uh, no. This is what we call a huge, sweeping generalization. I for one don't use the USB Loaders to pirate stuff, I use them because I love having a hard drive full of games. It's a convenience thing. That, and I can have them linked from the System Menu, and I can put the actual disks up into my closet to make space on my shelf, while still having easy, lazy access to the games.

I think the difference here is that, for example...the USB Loader and the WAD installers. They can be used for piracy, but they also can be used in legitimate ways (to play my games I own from USB, and to install custom channels, respectively). This 'piracy shop' or whatever, it's purpose is piracy only. That's all. That, and by not posting illegal crap, you hopefully can keep the site up longer since you aren't...I don't know...getting sued to hell and back (don't say it couldn't happen, it well could).
they can be doing it as we speak

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Swizler said:
they can be doing it as we speak
That's what I'm saying.
tongue.gif
When you don't blatantly host things like that, you stand a much better chance of being here a year from now.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thing, First off to just flat out say this is where to download illegal stuff, and how to use it would very well be the end of this site, or any other that does it.

Secondly, just because we like to tinker with products that we all bought legally, to add functionality or whatever is not illegal. This is like Ford telling you that if you install your own oil filter in your car you now a criminal.

Thirdly, if software companies would actaully sell their products at reasonable prices, and provide some decent trials, then I think it would be a whole different story. How many times have you purchased a game played it for 5 mins and felt ripped off? Even better you then take that gaem into a lamestop your local game trade in store and try to get something back, your $50 piece of plastic is now $10 if your lucky. I for one have "tried" out a few games first, then bought them because they are good.

Lastly, Don't assume that if something can be used for ilegall activities it absolutely must be that way. I can't go hunting because guns kill people, I can't buy permanent markers because I must be sniffing them, I can't buy drano because I must be making bombs out of them...sheesh

/end rant

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
The hell is this ?? Even Marcan and Bushing admitted to own an illegal copy of Zelda:TP !! No one here is hypocrite AT ALL. GBATemp is simply NOT allowing ISO, WAD & etc to keep this place safe from any big company on a anti-piracy campaign.

Anyway, you have more chance to get a ban for bashing the crappy GBAfail's search function than to link to some WAD and ISO.

Pip'

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, we never said we weren't pirates.

Second, we're not hypocrites if we say that we don't allow illegal things, we don't want this site to get in trouble.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We help you pirate/use backups
tongue.gif
, it doesn't mean we make you pirate, and we also don't give you the things that make you pirate (i.e. isos and roms)
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
I don't see anything wrong.

bin01

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i have nothing against pirates, my protest is against stupid rules which denies evident facts, everyone out there knows gbatemp is a pirate forum, however the staff keep denying this and as result any talk including the word is supressed.

Now, to the argument the restriction existing due to discretion, i agree, but at least mods should give a warning first, instead of directly closing the thread when the conversation goes “off topic”. Sometimes it feels like moderation is too strict with something that's clearly visible.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont help people pirate, I help them use backups.

Don't look at me.

A lot of people use us as a piate forum but by denying most files and denying certain things, they have plausible deniability, in short, they are much better off in the eyes of the law.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll stop being An Hypocrite if you start being An Hero.

Know why "piracy talk" isn't allowed? SO THIS SITE DOESN'T GET SHUT DOWN.

By discussion of use in a legal fair-use license backup style, not a let's download a thousand games kind of way.

Common fucking sense, huh? The same reason bongs and bowls can be legally sold in "tobacco shops". Or would you just love to run around in one of those telling them to stop being hypocrites and just say all their pipes are for weed.

You are the biggest fucking idiot that has ever graced the pages of gbatemp. Seriously just fucking leave before you get this whole place shut down with your whining and stupidity.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
this has probably been said before but:
if we allow copyright-breaking content on the forums, we'll be requested to close and legal action will be taken by various companies.
simple as that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==