Gaming GBAtemp Steam Community!

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already have, 101th member =)

Besides, already been playing the demo, got me hooked very much. 5.1 speakers are actually useful for any hordes behind me.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Kyusuke said:
Already have, 101th member =)

Besides, already been playing the demo, got me hooked very much. 5.1 speakers are actually useful for any hordes behind me.

oh yeah i remember now
rolleyes.gif

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I new source mod in the making looks promising check it out. Release date TBA

headergp6.jpg

Introduction

Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking VALVe Software's award-winning PC game, Half-Life. Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Doctor Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. Black Mesa was built and founded on the basis that Half-Life: Source was inadequate as the Source engine port of Half-Life, regardless of the intentions of VALVe Software. As such, Black Mesa was founded to fully reconstruct the Half-Life universe utilizing Source to its fullest potential in terms of art detail, level sizes and code features. This total conversion will not require Half-Life: Source to play - only a copy of any Source Engine game installed on Steam

Features

Black Mesa has many features, several of which are still in planning or being tested. Below are a few of the larger and more distinctive features of Black Mesa:

* Detailed and interactive environments based on the original Half-Life game, including reconstructed multiplayer maps;
* Single-player, co-operative and deathmatch modes planned;
* Original music score by Joel Nielsen;
* Artificial intelligence that will dynamically think, react and interact with and about their environment;
* Normal, specular and parallax mapping utilized on world surfaces and models where applicable;
* A priority on gameplay and immersion factors such as ambience, logical functionality and interactivity.

Game Modes

Black Mesa will feature three game modes designed to provide a high replayability factor.

Single-player

* Assuming the role of Dr. Gordon Freeman you will experience an immersive, story-driven mode of play. A world where around every corner a new threat or situation presents itself, provoking thought and interaction between you and your world. Relying on more than just combat to survive, your wits and intelligence will become strong allies in your fight for survival. Environments will be interactive, rich with detail, fully ambient and NPC characters will react to these environments and your actions therein. A world driven by story, locations conquered by wit, enemies matched with firepower. Welcome to Black Mesa. Run, think, shoot, live, Source.

Co-operative

* Black Mesa co-op will allow players to not only recruit the assistance of security guards and scientists, but also that of your friends! Share the single-player experience by battling through Black Mesa together. Players will be able to wage battles, travel corridors and emerge victorious over the enemies and escape the confines of the Black Mesa Research Facility.

Deathmatch

* The adrenaline pumping, bullet dodging, rockets-flying, big-red-button riddled deathmatch is back in classic Half-Life style, featuring graphically enhanced multiplayer maps and the full line up of weapons. You'll find yourself having more fun blowing away your friends than, well, anything.

As stated in the trailer, the days this mod stays in development are truly numbered. Hang tight, because at long last, it is coming.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i have a question
for the games i have bought from steam
im allowed to install on other computers right? (thats what i was told)
cuz it made me wonder why people wouldnt just share accounts and get the same games on diff computers

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, your allowed to install it onto other computers but it's only available if the account has purchased the game, otherwise it'll just show as "Pre-loaded". People wouldn't really share accounts mainly because of multiplayer games, since Steam doesn't allow more than two computers to be logged onto the same account people would buy the games on separate accounts to play with each other.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kyusuke said:
Yea, your allowed to install it onto other computers but it's only available if the account has purchased the game, otherwise it'll just show as "Pre-loaded". People wouldn't really share accounts mainly because of multiplayer games, since Steam doesn't allow more than two computers to be logged onto the same account people would buy the games on separate accounts to play with each other.
Huh? Two machines can be logged in at the same time? What happens if they're both playing online at the same time?
unsure.gif

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gaisuto said:
Kyusuke said:
Huh? Two machines can be logged in at the same time? What happens if they're both playing online at the same time?
unsure.gif

Oh shi...

I meant two or more, it's past 4AM... x.x

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so itd be okay if i installed half life 2
and then went on another computer to do the same?
as long as i dont play at both the computers at the same time right? (how could i possibly do that anyway -.-)

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, only consequence is that it's going to have to download all the content needed for Half Life 2, unless you transfer it from your computer or have a disc. I'm not sure if save files are transferred through though, I think you'd need to copy them from one computer to the other.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, now that I got a new pc to play games on, joined steam and got the valve pack. Joined the GBAtemp group and added most people I recognized to my friend list already. I might've missed a few of you, so feel free to add me.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Undead patch is old, and a hassle. Get a dynamic patcher like SteamUp!. It works better:)
For example, newest version of Undead patcher is feb 4th i think compared to SteamUp's update yesterday.

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
dys_fej.jpg

Dystopia is a HL2 mod has been available to download from Steam for the past week. I have tried it out and like it. It is hard to get into at first because of the different class systems and Implants.

QUOTE said:
Dystopia is a cyberpunk themed total conversion of Half Life 2, created by an amature development team and released to the public for free.

Dystopia places the player into tense combat situations in a high tech world spanned by computer networks. As either Punk Mercenaries or Corporate Security Forces the player will fight through the physical world to gain access, via jack-in terminals, to cyberspace.

Cyberspace is a three dimensional representation of the world's network. Inside cyberspace players will launch programs to hack into systems linked to the physical world while fighting off enemy hackers and defending critical systems. Gameplay progresses through inter-linked physical and cyberspace objectives, some are completed in either the physical world or cyberspace, others only by a well timed combination of the two.

Whether the player is a heavily augmented combat mercenary armed to the teeth with the latest in firepower, or a twitch reflex cyberdecker racing to infiltrate a cyberspace node; they'll be immersed in an action packed battle. Only through skillful use of the high tech arsenal we're making available and intelligent team play will players truly jack-in and kick ass.

Team Dystopia is a collection of dedicated and talented gamers who are creating an action packed multiplayer game. Dystopia draws on the themes and concepts of the cyberpunk genre and implements ideas born out of years of gaming experience. With a diligently designed gameplay system, we hope to produce the next step in online multiplayer gaming.

If you are just starting out i suggest going

Class, Medium
Weapon, Assault Rifle

Implants,
Cyberdeck - This allows you to jack-in to cyberspace.
Mediplant - This automatically heals you and your teammates (within range) using your energy bar
SCS - This makes your energy bar bigger

This setup will allow you to both rush and fallback to support.

You can change these settings anytime by pressing M and the next respawn you will have your new layout.
Hovering over choices in the setup dialog will give you a general idea of what it does.
While you are waiting for a respawn you can read these and make different choices.

You need any Source game in this list to play http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16.

I say give it a try it is good and the in game music is awesome.

Official website: http://www.dystopia-game.com

Next MOD review coming soon. I do these reviews just not to sure if anyone is interested, leave a comment if you are pls.

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Some new steam news:

QUOTE said:
Valve co-founder Gabe Newell announced during a DICE keynote today that last weekend's half-price sale of Left 4 Dead resulted in a 3000% increase in sales of the game, posting overall sales that beat the title's original launch performance.

Sales of Team Fortress 2 went up 106% following a free update to the game. Retail wasn't left out in this case, with sales jumping 28%.

Furthermore, Valve has hired an experimental psychologist to maximize the excitement of Steam sales and other marketing opportunities. According to Newell, one suggestion by the psychologist was to provide one free copy of a Valve game to every 25th buyer of Left 4 Dead.

This looks good for all of us Steam user's if more publishers of games on Steam see this and start letting valve offer discount weekends on their games also.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-p{3} said:
Valkrys, maybe this could interest you

Code:
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/SilvWolf][img]http://steamcard.com/do/sigcard-original/SilvWolf.png[/img][/url]
Wow. I saw this post the day after finding that website. Thanks for the link, though. I hadn't thought to link it to my Steam Community page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153