leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sleep.gif
mainly aimed never to open wiki, so looked at gbatek.... BAM- 32k x_x That was the only question I wasnt 100% sure

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
16 bit (65k) color doesn't make sense for the total palette. That would mean that one color component has 6 bits assigned to it while the others have 5. This in turn would mean that the GBA doesn't have any true gray colors. It's possible that they did this, but it would make games look worse than 15 bit color.

Anyway, all of the choices for that question were wrong IIRC. 16 bit color is 65536 colors, not 65535.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
I'll put in the quiz tomorrow but I just want to salute the GBAtemp staff in producing relatively easy basically random contests that are realistic to win and do not take much effort in the way of sigining up for stuff. For those of us who are broke it gives us a chance to obtain slot-2 cards.
It's a Slot 1.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I should know that there are no Flashcarts in stores, but for me I can't order online often. So I hope I can so I can get a good Flashcart, I want to win so badly, but I guessed on like two, the others took some quick research. Good luck to all though!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
999roy999 said:
Dragoon709 said:
Here's where I found the answer to number 7 about the colours...... http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gameboy1.htm
YAY!
grog.gif

Now I hope they don't remove it. It was a tricky question, but I'm sure at least 30 people got it right.
If not, then I have to rely on luck that my name gets drawn.
They will remove it. I believe the staff member that already confirmed it was Thuglife back in page 11(can't remember the page# well).

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holaitsme said:
its been 4 hrs since it ended whats with the hub bub
lol be moar patient? xD

I know I didn't win but I just want to see what the winners will say bout the quiz. That's the interesting part.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
now that the contest is officially over, these are the questions that I had issues with and brought up with the moderators:

question 1:
neither game requires anything additional to play. they both feature something inside of the cartridge, but nothing external or what would be considered a peripheral.

question 5:
grammar. it should read "how many GBAs", not "GBA's". additionally, it is not clear as to the maximum number of GBA systems that can be connected at once or how many with a single communication cable.

question 6:
which company developer the eReader card scanning techology?
again, based on wording this is a difficult question to answer. Olympus Optical Co., Ltd. created the "dot code techology" (as well as a way to read them) that is used by the e-reader. the question would have made more sense to have it stated "which company created the technology used by the e-reader?" anyone thinking that the answer is indeed nintendo is incorrect, considering that NCL licensed the technology made by Olympus to manufacture the e-reader.

question 7:
the correct answer is 32,768, which is 15-bit rgb.
note: 65,535 is the maximum value for a 16-bit register, but the gameboy advance only has color support for 15-bits.

question 15:
grammar. it should really read "what was the name of the development house", since the answers refer to companies rather than individuals.

question 25:
grammer and spelling. it should read "which group was" and not "were" (the subject is singular) and eurasia is mis-spelled. in addition, after thug's comments, this question will probably be tossed out as well considering that many japanese releases have been posted by their [english] titles. so, truthfully, the eurasia (spelled correctly) release should have been the correct answer.

we'll see what happens when they post the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch