1. sks316

sks316 Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness remaster activist

United States
    I'd definitely buy a Tempy plush.

2. smileyhead

smileyhead This is definitely not a robotic component!

Hungary
    Mods, make this a thing.

shaunj66 and sks316 like this.
  3. Lia

Lia C Dev and Guide Writer

United Kingdom
    Just something, when someone also comments on a status, it's missing a space;
    "Useralso commented on your status"

4. Yepi69

Yepi69 Jill-sandwiched

Portugal
    After switching to Tempstyle 2 dark it automatically asked me to allow notifications.

5. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

United States
    Some of the messages are far too vague, like "[user] made a new post." Rather than "[user] replied to the thread [thread]." It makes it hard to tell where it's even from.
    EDIT: Or, when sks just liked this post, it just said, "sks136 liked your post!" instead of "sks316 liked your post in the thread GBAtemp Push Notifications now enabled!"

Last edited by SirNapkin1334, Feb 23, 2018
    Localhorst86 and sks316 like this.
  6. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Since tapatalk push notifications for gbatemp.net have stopped working a while ago I wanted to test these notifications. However, I am not able to find the settings in Firefox for Android. The site won't ask me for permission to send notifications and there are no settings available in the site settings. Anyone got an idea?

Edit: well, it looks like that's by design on Firefox for Android. You can only enable the setting via the popup from the site, there seems to be no way to enable this manually. So once you answered the dialogue box with "No" you're not able to enable push notifications, ever.

Last edited by Localhorst86, Feb 25, 2018
  7. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

United States
    upload_2018-3-12_8-35-32.png
    It bugged out and forgot the space. Also, it wasn't my status. It was his status which I commented on which he then commented on (I had asked a question and he replied)

8. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 The Skiddo

United States
    Yeah, I got this a few times too, I got really confused on how someone I wasn't following commented on my status

SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  9. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    I noticed that the Status and Profile Post strings in this feature may be inverted.
    Consistently, my own status updates are shown as "Profile Post" and any profile post I make on someone's profile will show as "Status"

10. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Uhm, is there a way to reprompt the dialog asking if you want notifications? I think I accidentally dismissed jt

11. smileyhead

Hungary
    You should be able to enable it manually from your browser settings or the lock (or i icon) in the URL bar.

12. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    It is enabled, but I don't get jotificatinot. I'm not referring to Chrome's dialog, I'm referring to GBATemp's one

13. smileyhead

Hungary
    AFAIK Temp's dialogue just triggers the browser dialogue. It should work if you've enabled them in your browser.
    Try closing and re-opening the window.

14. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I've also eebootrd my phone

15. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    So I've tried clearing the website's data, and after logging back in, GBATemp's dialog showed, but after allowing that, Chrome didn't ask anything :glare:

16. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    Well I did finally figure out why notifications won't work. You have to have tempstyle 2 light/dark enabled to get the option. It also has remain enabled or it will stop sending notifications. Talk about one hell of a way to enforce getting a feature even if it doesn't change the previous temp style. Though I honestly don't care for how it says "so & so posted a new message" rather than "there was a reply on so & so thread/blog/profile post"

17. ry755

ry755 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm trying to enable push notifications on my phone, but there's no option in the Site Settings, and I've tried clearing the cache and cookies. I also can't seem to find any options relating to push notifications in Alert Preferences. Am I missing something here?

[​IMG]

18. smileyhead

Hungary
    Weird. As far as I can tell, the prompt is the only thing that triggers the permission. If it doesn't appear, neither will the option to toggle the permission on/off.
    Seems pretty flawed imo. There should be a permanent button somewhere (like in Alert Preferences) that triggers the permission. We shouldn't rely on a message that might or might not appear; just like it didn't appear for you.

@shaunj66

ry755 likes this.
  19. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    Are you sure that you actually cleared all site preferences and cookies when you cleared browser data? Because my experience has been that after clearing all browser data and logging in again I always get asked whether or not I'd like to enable push notifications.

20. ry755

ry755 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, I cleared everything except saved passwords and autofill form data.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - notifications, Feedback, GBAtemp