GBAtemp.net EXCLUSIVE: DS-Xtreme *Update*

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the DS link will be a better product, as long as the interface is skinable.
smile.gif
That of course the most important feature of any device.

Smirre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I the only one cheering up for no patching required? You can play every DS game there is and those which are coming in the future. You won't have to wait for firmware updates to play new games and nobody knows when for example M3 guys call it a day.

Could this have same power consumption that original DS games have? Oh and could Nintendo make like 6gbit roms or something?
huh.gif

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That's a nice product, but I'd like to run media and GBA games too. I am that ambitious. So, 512mb is "nothing". If this card had at least 2gb, it would be interesting, even without media, homebrew and GBA.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new Supercard Lite Patcher, lets you play any game now. You dont haev to wait for a new patcher for it. Supercard Lite + Superkey > Fugly DS-X (X for sux)

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks all good on paper, almost too good... remains to be seen in practice. A list of features on a web page is not hard to do. Doing it for real is another thing, look at neoflash products.

Then again, it could be the real deal but i would'nt bet on it. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong by the device although i have no need to change my current kit.

liquoredonlife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually in regards to the mini USB port, you'd probably never have to take it out of your DS. Just leave it there, and now you pretty much have a pseudo embedded mini USB port on your DS. So, it'd be like plugging your DS into your comp, transfer, disconnect, and play.

The slot1 probably gives some strength to the mini USB, considering how exposed it is when looking at the cartridge.

But yeah, reviews. And agreed on it seeming like a new DS flash accessory coming out every week, or every 3-4 days within the past month.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks good, but the mini B connector on it is really a downside IMO. Can't wait for the review, though!

ya never know. I thought the same thing about the miniUSB on the EFALinker, but once I got one it was great. That connector on the DS-X looks small at first, but then look at the DSL's power jack and its about the same.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the mini-USB connector - it's not like anyone cared with the EFA-Linker for GBA. As for writing speeds, it's just the fact that everyone has been spoiled with fast removable memory. Ditto on the size. Thanks to removable media, you guys have been spoiled for choice with regards to size - 512MB can hold plenty of roms (I can load on around 10 on my miniSD). I find the less roms I have on my card, the more likely I am to actually play right through the ones I do have - there is definitely no need for me to have 50 or so games on a single device.

But all this is almost irrelevant if you just view it as technical progress (if the claims are in fact truthful). Unpatched roms on a perfectly sized DS slot cart, not requiring any sort of passthrough?

If you want to bitch and whine, stick with what you have.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the mini-USB connector - it's not like anyone cared with the EFA-Linker for GBA. As for writing speeds, it's just the fact that everyone has been spoiled with fast removable memory. Ditto on the size. Thanks to removable media, you guys have been spoiled for choice with regards to size - 512MB can hold plenty of roms (I can load on around 10 on my miniSD). I find the less roms I have on my card, the more likely I am to actually play right through the ones I do have - there is definitely no need for me to have 50 or so games on a single device.

But all this is almost irrelevant if you just view it as technological progress (if the claims are in fact truthful). Unpatched roms on a perfectly sized DS slot cart, not requiring any sort of passthrough?

second that

mars

ledats

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway

But all this is almost irrelevant if you just view it as technological progress (if the claims are in fact truthful). Unpatched roms on a perfectly sized DS slot cart, not requiring any sort of passthrough?

Hear hear!!! Couldn't agree more!

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Thats not the problem. Since they put a Mini USB connector and its direct boot up. Its going to extremely jack up the price. Look at Ninjapass. 60 dollars just for 64 Megabytes. This thing might be more then 100. For that price you might as well and get a Supercard Lite with a Superkey and have perfect GBA compatablity and GBA roms.

charlestgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be interesting... good to see so much development going on in the DS Backup/Homebrew/Dev Market. It really is amazing to me. The part too is that it only make the DS stronger as a system. I am so tired of companies like Sony trying to make it harder for coders to extend the life and useablity of their systems. I will probably not buy this product, but know the option is out there is extremely nice! I am still looking forward to the M3 Lite
smile.gif
I love GBA games way too much to give up the option. I have a ton of GBA games but hate lugging them around everwhere.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a great idea but 512mb isn't enough. I'm having problems with the supercard and struggling with 1gb. I can't see it being goodbye to m3 or the supercard all they'll do is release the same product but with a better menu and bigger flash memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol