1. zone97

zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think the DS link will be a better product, as long as the interface is skinable. [​IMG] That of course the most important feature of any device.

2. KINGOFNOOBS

KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This product fails? Why exactly would you buy this, when you could buy G6 Lite and a Passcard 3 and play GBA AND DS games [​IMG]. Also its buttugly.

3. Smirre

Smirre GBAtemp Regular

Am I the only one cheering up for no patching required? You can play every DS game there is and those which are coming in the future. You won't have to wait for firmware updates to play new games and nobody knows when for example M3 guys call it a day.

Could this have same power consumption that original DS games have? Oh and could Nintendo make like 6gbit roms or something? [​IMG]

4. Mucuna

Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    That's a nice product, but I'd like to run media and GBA games too. I am that ambitious. So, 512mb is "nothing". If this card had at least 2gb, it would be interesting, even without media, homebrew and GBA.

5. KINGOFNOOBS

United States
    The new Supercard Lite Patcher, lets you play any game now. You dont haev to wait for a new patcher for it. Supercard Lite + Superkey > Fugly DS-X (X for sux)

6. wabo

wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Looks all good on paper, almost too good... remains to be seen in practice. A list of features on a web page is not hard to do. Doing it for real is another thing, look at neoflash products.

Then again, it could be the real deal but i would'nt bet on it. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong by the device although i have no need to change my current kit.

7. liquoredonlife

Newcomer

United States
    Actually in regards to the mini USB port, you'd probably never have to take it out of your DS. Just leave it there, and now you pretty much have a pseudo embedded mini USB port on your DS. So, it'd be like plugging your DS into your comp, transfer, disconnect, and play.

The slot1 probably gives some strength to the mini USB, considering how exposed it is when looking at the cartridge.

But yeah, reviews. And agreed on it seeming like a new DS flash accessory coming out every week, or every 3-4 days within the past month.

8. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ya never know. I thought the same thing about the miniUSB on the EFALinker, but once I got one it was great. That connector on the DS-X looks small at first, but then look at the DSL's power jack and its about the same.

9. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D
    Former Staff

New Zealand
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the mini-USB connector - it's not like anyone cared with the EFA-Linker for GBA. As for writing speeds, it's just the fact that everyone has been spoiled with fast removable memory. Ditto on the size. Thanks to removable media, you guys have been spoiled for choice with regards to size - 512MB can hold plenty of roms (I can load on around 10 on my miniSD). I find the less roms I have on my card, the more likely I am to actually play right through the ones I do have - there is definitely no need for me to have 50 or so games on a single device.

But all this is almost irrelevant if you just view it as technical progress (if the claims are in fact truthful). Unpatched roms on a perfectly sized DS slot cart, not requiring any sort of passthrough?

If you want to bitch and whine, stick with what you have.

10. g.crow

g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States

second that

mars

11. ledats

ledats Advanced Member

Norway
    Hear hear!!! Couldn't agree more!

12. blackeromegalon

blackeromegalon GBAtemp Regular

Saudi Arabia
    I'm willing to bear with writing speed provided it makes good on it's promises.
    I'll be eagerly awaiting the reviews of this kit.

13. KINGOFNOOBS

United States
    Thats not the problem. Since they put a Mini USB connector and its direct boot up. Its going to extremely jack up the price. Look at Ninjapass. 60 dollars just for 64 Megabytes. This thing might be more then 100. For that price you might as well and get a Supercard Lite with a Superkey and have perfect GBA compatablity and GBA roms.

14. charlestgarcia

Newcomer

United States
    Could be interesting... good to see so much development going on in the DS Backup/Homebrew/Dev Market. It really is amazing to me. The part too is that it only make the DS stronger as a system. I am so tired of companies like Sony trying to make it harder for coders to extend the life and useablity of their systems. I will probably not buy this product, but know the option is out there is extremely nice! I am still looking forward to the M3 Lite [​IMG] I love GBA games way too much to give up the option. I have a ton of GBA games but hate lugging them around everwhere.

15. Kilko

Kilko Member
    Newcomer

I wonder how long the battery will last with this thing in it.....

16. Nocturno

Nocturno GBAtemp Fan

Venezuela
    it seems great,, the only thing I don´t like is the usb port on the top..

17. zragnarok

zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i guess this is officially bye bye to M3 and G6

18. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Some big claims they have... Can't wait for some reviews. [​IMG]

19. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Its a great idea but 512mb isn't enough. I'm having problems with the supercard and struggling with 1gb. I can't see it being goodbye to m3 or the supercard all they'll do is release the same product but with a better menu and bigger flash memory.

20. faceless

faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    so it looks like Team Xodus is involved in the development of this... that's a promising sign...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - EXCLUSIVE, *Update*, GBAtemp