GBAtemp EZ5i skinning contest winners announced.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
jurassicplayer said:
env said:
@JP bro, we made it to the top 5.
grog.gif

congrats to all the winners!
xD Yes we did make it (maybe MS2 skinning helped?
ninja.gif
). I'm actually surprised really that I even made it (of course, when I saw your skin I definitely knew you were going to make it xD, that skin is amazing).

Congratz to all of the winners and to all the judges for what looks to be a successful competition xD.
Hey, your skin was awesome. I've seen the screenshots, it's totally worth the download. Care to port it to other cards? x3

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... I placed?

This is great!
I plan to give the cart to a friend of mine who recently bought a DSi.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a suggestion, Mbmax -- can we have a link to a tutorial, or at least a short run-down, in the opening post to how to install these on our EZ5is?

Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
env said:
nah, your skin is very beautiful. I'm inlove with purple/violet,
laugh.gif

Lol I guess it's just that normal response where you think someone else's thing just owns your own xD (though I think everyone agree's that your skin looks spiffy).

.psyched said:
Hey, your skin was awesome. I've seen the screenshots, it's totally worth the download. Care to port it to other cards? x3
As for porting to other cards...I might be able to port it. Do you have a specific card in mind?

BakuFunn said:
Nebula really is one of my favorite skins, but the cursive turns me off.
I could edit the image and have a non-cursive version (I'm not really partial about the cursive font, I just couldn't decide on a good font) if you want it. It's not like I'm against the idea of changing my skin to suit other people xD (it would be useless to just post it up just for myself).

QUOTE(regnad @ Aug 27 2010, 04:04 PM)
Just a suggestion, Mbmax -- can we have a link to a tutorial, or at least a short run-down, in the opening post to how to install these on our EZ5is?

Thanks!
Just place the skin files in the "skin" folder (the splash.ani, the skin_bottom.bin, the skin_up.bin, and the skin.dat). Then changing skins is just from the EZVi's menu.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
BakuFunn said:
Nebula really is one of my favorite skins, but the cursive turns me off.
I could edit the image and have a non-cursive version (I'm not really partial about the cursive font, I just couldn't decide on a good font) if you want it. It's not like I'm against the idea of changing my skin to suit other people xD (it would be useless to just post it up just for myself).
I don't have an EZ5i to even use the skin on, but you could definitely change the font to something less distracting/tacky. Helvetica fits almost everything and sure as hell applies to your theme.

Some more suggestions:
Making the "Nebula" word more faded, maybe with parts of the actual nebula covering bits of the letters for a more professional look. Other options would be taking it out entirely or just moving it to the bottom screen where it has less of a chance to interfere with legibility.
The only other flaw would be the cursive font, but I already mentioned that.
Of course, this is all just my humble opinion, so do not take it personally.

If I had an EZ5i, I'd use your skin. Excellent work. You deserve it.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, perhaps I'm not destined to win these things (0 for 2 in skinning competitions). Though for the Edge contest, I was rather impressed with the card and ended up buying one, but I won't do so for this cart. It's too bad too, because I had a helluva lot of fun making a skin for the EZ5i. Congrats winners.

By the way, I noticed probably the reason why me and a number of others didn't win. Originality is the key; as I don't seem to see any [winning] skins based on characters or series
laugh.gif
(I haven't looked at them all, so bite me if I'm wrong)

Again congrats winners, that long wait paid off for you guys. And last tip for everyone: procrastinating is bad. I thought I only had 6 hours left and entered anyway; I ended having an extra day
laugh.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mr Skinner said:
- Fast or Mbmax:
When I receive my? what should I do to get it?
As said in earlier post, PM me your details where the team could send you your prize.

For now i have 11 of the 20 winners's addresses.

When all addresses are collected i will sent them to windirt, the ez-flash representative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?