FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Sop yes it is backwards compatible with the wii. Not sure about gamecube (how they would justify the lack of such a thing I am not sure but I am sure they could try).

Stealing CarbonX13's format. I am less inclined to grade shows than I am to grade anything and the concept of "winning" e3 is even more unusual to me.

My take on E3 2011:
Konami pre E3 thing; That immortal character game might be interesting. I can barely recall anything else.
Microsoft; I wrote about it and can not remember a thing. Scanning through my notes though Tomb Raider- Origins might get played at some point but aside from a spin with a DS tomb raider I have not played one since before my computers got XP on them. Everything else was a nice tech demo or somewhat average for me.
EA; Nice showcase of upcoming games. Battlefield 3 was pretty but looked like your basic FPS otherwise, Kingdoms of Amalur (once I went and found some other gameplay footage) is probably something I would play (although I tend to play most fantasy RPG games) and Overstrike intrigued me as a concept and if they do pull off some good humour I will be there for launch of it.
Ubisoft; Although I have never really played Rayman I did like the look of it. Far Cry 3 looked to have improved a few things, Ghost recon- future soldier if only because I like co-op and the rest I can take or leave.
Sony; Medieval moves looked like an interesting use of tech, Bioshock infinite might be interesting although I have only really dabbled with the others. 3d is a bigger joke than what has been dubbed HD. Everything else was a bit gameplay light or average save Ruin which I will probably forget in the coming months as there are a bunch of such games appearing or having already done so.
Nintendo; My policy on waiting a year or two (or time enough for some good hacks) before scoring a console second hand looks to be on track still. The Wii U seemed to be moving further down the third party device makers and emulator authors fight me now policy Nintendo seems to have had going on for a while now although better to do it by tech than whatever nonsense MS is trying to pull. Metro- last night and ninja gaiden 3 I am interested in if only because I enjoyed the other entries (metro 2033 largely being composed of the same people who developed STALKER so I am counting that as among the entries). On 3ds stuff tetris I am curious to see in action but I have enough of those to be getting on with, the Resident evil games might be interesting and although I have not played any wii mario games the 3ds one could be interesting.

I suppose this is what I get for watching a media/(potential) shareholders conference (not that there is anything wrong with that; E3 seems to have found a niche for itself) rather than a developers conference or even some of the stuff MS does for directX. I have yet to see anything else other than these conferences though and a couple of trailers so hopefully something good appeared there (a quick scan says I have a better chance of finding stuff there) because as it stands I will be forgetting most of this only to be reminded of it when it appears on upcoming games on whatever site I happen to be using to monitor upcoming releases. I do hope all this kinect and move stuff pulls focus from online just a bit (well I hope a lot but I will take anything) though.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's funny how people criticize something without even holding it (WiiU Controller)
rofl2.gif

You gotta read IGN's write-up of the WiiU and its controller. They said its really comfortable and surprisingly light for its size.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE4zombie said:
Guild, a successor for the PS3 or 360 won't be coming for at least another 4 years. The PS3 is relying on a 10 year life cycle, which indicates a successor in 2016. Microsoft is using Kinect in an attempt to lengthen the lifecycle of the 360 by broadening the audience.

The PS2 had a "10 year life cycle" but they launched the PS3 in conjunction with it. And with a new console coming out for Nintendo, the others will probably hop on it. I'm not sure about Microsoft, but they probably will too.

And like most of these demos were just showing off the graphics. Like the Zelda demo showed off lighting and the touchscreen and stuff.

QUOTE(Sterling @ Jun 7 2011, 11:24 PM) Because that is how you present yourself. You seem to think that you're one of the only people on this forum that likes Sony. You're not. Many people here see merit in Sony products, but the way they handle themselves make them a less attractive choice nowadays. I understand it has become your personal preference, but I no longer see the Guild that made this forum more attractive. You don't see all the bad things concerning Sony consoles, and you ignore many of the good things about Nintendo consoles. Borderline Fanboy conduct as many of us forummers see it now.

I'm still wondering why everyone sees the Wii U's new controller scheme as big. Considering that unless you are able to bring it with you when you leave home, the NGP is much more bothersome with it's size. The Wii U may not have the most pretty Graphics next Gen, but it will most certainly sell much more than Nintendo's competitors. Seeing as they really market to more than one demographic.

Also, considering BF3 was shown, I would assume that Nintendo will be beefing the online up. Perhaps they will continue to fine tune their FC system to where the console FCs will be associated with a player Nickname and you can search your friends. That way the service could remain free.

The only people who seem to be throwing Sony more shit are people who wouldn't even bother with their products anyway. People who have a PS3 aren't gonna throw it out the window because of this conduct. They don't care. They just want to play PS3 games. The "many people" are just people who love hating Sony anyway.

So you're comparing a console controller to a handheld? Oh please. Also, sales =/= good games. And they try to make it look like they're appealing to other demographics, but those other demographics already have PS3s and Xbox 360s and PCs to play the game they're so eager to announce for it. People aren't gonna rush out to spend another couple hundred dollars on a new system to play games they can already play on their system.

As long as they keep friend codes they will forever be in last on the online race. They are a shit invention that does nothing but gimp tons of gamers of a decent online experience just to protect a couple of parents from taking the time to teach their child proper internet etiquette and protection. And your idea defeats the purpose of friend codes. If some creeper met me online, he could just search my name and add me anyway. It'd just be the difference between adding a friend on Xbox Live, for example, and adding a friend on the WiiU and entering a bunch of numbers.

And what are all these great 3DS games they "announced"? I thought most of them were games they already announced. I'm still going with the Vita though.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
let some ppl show the games in progress and see how the hype shoots up. this is the first nintendo console that i am really supporting mainly bcz there are too many haters who havent given it a chance.
assassin and batman is enuf for one to be convinced to buy it unless these games come out on pc

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SamAsh07 said:
It's funny how people criticize something without even holding it (WiiU Controller)
rofl2.gif
don't need to it's too fucking big that's all there is to it. and the analog and button placements suck.

but i'll just have to get used to the damn thing cos wii u is on my want list
tongue.gif

djc151084

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.navitotal.com
XP
Country
here is the first picture of the Wii U and some specs from www.e3.nintendo.com

29880524.jpg

Launches: 2012

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.
Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3DS Lineup is amazing.cannot wait for Lugis Mansion, MK and AC3DS

WiiU looks cool and innovative which is why I will get it over the other consoles this gen again.Hoping for better online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)