GBAtemp achievements

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I might not have had 6 but technically just managed it the other day, even if he had to disgrace himself to do it (being a mib... wow). Worse is I fell for it.

I am also counting kyt as the time I replied as me for one even if it was not directed at me.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-temps-silent-sniper.185520/#post-2327737

For 2 I also got the rare version. Made an EOF topic (possibly still then the testing area) that Costello decided was better than the fodder for such a section and made it a general off topic.

I don't know that I have technically had 3 as I have been staff longer than that current iteration of it. Think I did a for fun entry though. Have also done a banner or two over the years.

For 10. Seems like a meaningless action really. Can one really say it is a meaningful gesture at this point?
I will however allow a substitution. If you have a like by me.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I might not have had 6 but technically just managed it the other day, even if he had to disgrace himself to do it (being a mib... wow). Worse is I fell for it.

I am also counting kyt as the time I replied as me for one even if it was not directed at me.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-temps-silent-sniper.185520/#post-2327737

For 2 I also got the rare version. Made an EOF topic (possibly still then the testing area) that Costello decided was better than the fodder for such a section and made it a general off topic.

I don't know that I have technically had 3 as I have been staff longer than that current iteration of it. Think I did a for fun entry though. Have also done a banner or two over the years.

For 10. Seems like a meaningless action really. Can one really say it is a meaningful gesture at this point?
I will however allow a substitution. If you have a like by me.
so I went back over your activity for the last week and you haven't liked a single post :V

Do you ever give likes?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so I went back over your activity for the last week and you haven't like a single post :V

Do you ever give likes?
No. Even have the ability to give them disabled.

Add the following to your ad blocker.
Code:
! 27/
gbatemp.net###messageControls > .ToggleTriggerAnchor.messageMeta > .publicControls > .like.control.item.LikeLink > .desktopOnly.LikeLabel

! 7/
gbatemp.net###messageControls > .ToggleTriggerAnchor.messageMeta > .publicControls > .like.control.item.LikeLink

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:
! 27/
gbatemp.net###messageControls > .ToggleTriggerAnchor.messageMeta > .publicControls > .like.control.item.LikeLink > .desktopOnly.LikeLabel

! 7/
gbatemp.net###messageControls > .ToggleTriggerAnchor.messageMeta > .publicControls > .like.control.item.LikeLink
whoa, so did you do that when likes were first added and never look back?

Have you legitimately never given even one?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
whoa, so did you do that when likes were first added and never look back?

Have you legitimately never given even one?
Not really. Had it for a while but never added it when I reset the custom filters. Mostly just ignored it.
That was added last year some time when I also figured out how to disable avatars, post counts, user info and the like.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Had it for a while but never added it when I reset the custom filters. Mostly just ignored it.
That was added last year some time when I also figured out how to disable avatars, post counts, user info and the like.
I would be very curious to see a screenshot of what that all looks like. So you basically made temp as streamlined as possible?

So can you confirm having received a like from you is impossible?

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Code:
! 27/

! 7/
Hey, look, I was right

Reactions: x65943

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very curious to see a screenshot of what that all looks like. So you basically made temp as streamlined as possible?

So can you confirm having received a like from you is impossible?

Not really streamlined as much as things I reckon would be better not being there. Avatars I did not mind but they went when I was figuring it out for someone so thought I might as well keep that in the list of filters.
Do also have the rich text editor disabled in https://gbatemp.net/account/preferences

I have never knowingly and intentionally given a like and as it would be among the first features I remove should I ever become the boss then no intention of that either. To the best of my knowledge I only fat fingered it the once and undid it after that. Nobody managed to trick me with a link either.

Anyway portrait version, much the same for landscape but wider.
Screenshot_2021-01-19_22-25-56.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
5. must have never received a warning point
Come now, who of us here has never had a warning point... (A lot of people, it turns out. Bunch of goodie two-shoes, bah :rolleyes: ).

10. must never receive a like from Scott_pilgrim (legendary status)
Okay now you're just being silly.

glMk4j1.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay now you're just being silly.

glMk4j1.gif
I am sure the same magic that Tempbot uses to hate things, note mental states and other such feats beyond the mere "like" abilities of peasants and mortals could be used to achieve such a feat. It may however take buying a key.

There is the philosophical problem of the like maybe existing in the first place even if now removed. Should however that be paired with a removal of the likes feature then one day a user may arise that fulfils all the criteria laid forth in the opening lines of topic number 581209.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scarlet ruined this one for me.
You've made me curious, is there a fascinating story behind it that you're okay with sharing? I love hearing other peoples weird and wonderful stories

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You've made me curious, is there a fascinating story behind it that you're okay with sharing? I love hearing other peoples weird and wonderful stories
Sent ya a PM

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you think you're curious, spare a thought for me here

what did i do

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if you think you're curious, spare a thought for me here

what did i do
:ninja:
actually, you didn’t do anything but I will send you a DM as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1