Hacking gba with m3 and expansion

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i noticed when i play gba roms with my m3 real/expansion (running original sakura hacked english firmware -- i know i've been too lazy to update haha) a lot of times the gba game will get scratchy sounding audio and the game freezes in the middle of playing. the m3 seems to detect the expansion fine at startup with no errors as sakura is booting, my question is this, does anyone know if this is normal (maybe gba compatability works much better with newer sakura?) or do you think there is something wrong with the expansion pack? any feedback would be appreciated. this does not happen when loading nds games.

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i finally got around to updating the firmware and played wade hixtons counter punch for like an hour and it didnt happen (happened while playing that game the last time when i had original hacked eng. sakura). so far seems to be good, it just bothered me cus i didnt remember it ever giving me a problem but then again maybe i didnt play gba all that often to know it was an issue. i was just afraid something was wrong with my expansion pack. if i get any further problems i will post here. thanks for the responses.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
teH XeRO said:
the gba game will get scratchy sounding audio and the game freezes in the middle of playing

I can duplicate this if I remove, or excessively apply pressure to the GBA expansion while playing. Check that the expansion is fully, and firmly, in your DS (and that the PCB is aligned in the expansion's case). Oh, and ensuring that the contacts are clean would do a world of good.
smile.gif

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the advice. i checked the pcb alignment and snugness in the slot. also cleaned the contacts today; so far so good since updating the firmware as well..thanks for the responses. im just glad that so far it doesnt seem as tho there is anything wrong hardware-wise with my expansion pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you