Hardware GBA Sp - L button

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my L button no longer works when i turn on the system. I have to blow into the corner and it starts to work then.
It's actually been quite annoying, so I want a permenant fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the plastic L button is worn down, you can fix that by replacing the part from a shell replacement. If it is something on the PCB, you will have to get a new part to replace the worn out button, either from a gba sp parts dealer or from an online electronics shop like mouser, digikey or jameco. You will need to know soldering if it is something on the PCB.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
If the plastic L button is worn down, you can fix that by replacing the part from a shell replacement. If it is something on the PCB, you will have to get a new part to replace the worn out button, either from a gba sp parts dealer or from an online electronics shop like mouser, digikey or jameco. You will need to know soldering if it is something on the PCB.

Sheesh, perhaps less headache to replace your whole system there.

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened it up but I can't really tell if the button is worn down more than the other. I was thinking about getting a new console and swapping the guts out since I have the Classic NES Shell. I'm gonna look into replacing the actual button and not the PCB part first though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?