GBA rom on DSiXL with AK2i

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by minix, Jul 26, 2010.

1. minix
    OP

minix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2009
    Senegal
    is there anyway to play GBA rom on the DSi XL with Ak2i? Any good and stable emulator that work with it? Can NO$GBA work ?
    Thanks

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    No, you'll have to get the DSTWO instead.

The only way to do GBA on the Acekard 2 is with a slot-2 expansion, which can't be used on the DSi as it lacks the slot.

3. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Ummm. No. Without a Slot-2 the AK2i can't emulate GBA games. If you want GBA games on a DSi, I suggest the Supercard DSTwo. NO$GBA is a full-blown PC emulator, how would you ever be able to get it to run on an AK2i or even a DSTwo?

4. PeregrinFig

PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    Michigan
    Without a slot 2 there's no way to run GBA games on an Acekard. iPlayer and DSTWO only can do it because they have an extra powerful CPU on the cartridge itself. NO$GBA and VBA are PC applications, and you can't run a .exe on a DS. (Even if I'm wrong about that, PC emulators can't work on a DS for the same reason any other GBA emulator can't, if I'm not mistaken)

5. minix
    OP

minix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2009
    Senegal
    oh sharks ! then should have bought the SuperCard DSTwo instead of AK2i ... oh well ....

6. I2aven's_Sag

I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Northern Virginia
    Correct. Rofl.

7. retroman51

retroman51 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    In your butt
    Compatibility is better with a acekard (w/akAIO) than an iPlayer or SuperCardDS2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice