GBA Release List No v's Mirc No

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Binkx, Sep 4, 2005.

Sep 4, 2005
  1. Binkx
    OP

Newcomer Binkx Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Can someone explain why the GBA release list numbers on GBATemp.net are different from the GBAtemp IRC numbers?

2. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Featured Posts:
    Norway
    it was something bout mario red hot campagine which is not listed there cause the rom dosn't work/exsist or something like that and some other games too i don't remember excaktly

3. djgarf

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    how people choose to number their roms on irc is up to them
    their is loads of different numbering systems (pocketheaven,gbatemp,advanscene and so on)
    we dont even bother with numbers in the irc topic anymore and if it wasnt for the fact that we use the numbers here for the database we wouldnt use them on the site either

4. fluffykiwi

Member fluffykiwi GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    The mIRC channels tended to use the Pocketheaven release list, which was the scene standard one for years. The GBATemp board felt that there should have been a few releases added that were not included in the Pocketheaven version, so the GBATemp numbering system was born. GBATemp is probably the most popular website so there is no pressure to revert to the scene standard.

Pick a system and number whichever way you prefer. Or skip numbering and go for release folders or rom names.

5. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Featured Posts:
    Italy
    We (GBArl) follow PocketHeaven numbering system, which is different from GBATemp one (if i'm not wrong, no free games listed, like contest prices). [​IMG]