GBA Pokemon Time Adjustor?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Coolperez8, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Coolperez8
    OP

Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    So, I was wondering if there was a homebrew app that could be run on an R4 that when run it modifies the save data of Pokemon R/S/E to set the in-game clock to the DS's system time?
    I have seen that there are homebrew apps that can dump and overwrite the game's save data, so I'm guessing this would be possible.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    There's a GBA homebrew: http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Pokemon_Ruby/Sapphire_New_Battery_Glitch

You could backup your save (Rudolph's GBA backup tool),
    use a hex editor to enable the official clock setting (https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/issues/1328),
    open the file in PkHex and save it again to fix checksums, flash it back to the game, then press Left+Select+B on the title screen, and enjoy :)

(To find Block 2, search for 000000000200; you will find many results, but only 2 of them will start on a row numbered 000xxFF0; those 2 rows mark the end of Block 2 for the current and the previous copy of the save. Easier done than said if you know what you're doing :))

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    whoa thanks great info!

btw OP.
    if you are using a flashcart with RTC and need a way to setup the time in the flashcart (like on everdrive or m3 perfect)
    you can use BOKTAI games to setup a date and time.
    there is an homebrew app (gba utility, i forgot where i got it from) that has 3 functions, button test, sound test and RTC test (you can use it to read the time in the RTC chip)

4. Coolperez8
    OP

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Oh, so is there some sort of demonstration that shows how to do this?

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    my method is for GBA flashcarts with RTC (example: m3 perfect, everdrive gba)

it's pretty straight foward.. the RTC in gba games is shared..
    after playing pokemon (in your rtc flashcart) you can launch boktain in that same card and choose the time... it's on options menu
    when you get back to pokemon it will have this new time

6. Coolperez8
    OP

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    oh