1. MTyler87

OP MTyler87 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi there, I've been wanting to backlight my partner's gameboy advance (original fat not sp) and I'm trying to get a brown tabbed screen since our gameboy requires a 40 pin connector and I'd like to avoid any screen issues when installing...

Are these screens the brown tabbed screen in question that I would have no issues with?

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 08.19.30.png Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 08.19.40.png

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

2. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

The screen you have their is an IPS. It will work without any issues.
    If you want original a Nintendo original then the 101 is the screen your after

[​IMG] White tab AGS 101 screen (after market screen)
    [​IMG] Brown tab AGS 101 screen (Original Backlit SP screen)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    MTyler87 likes this.
  3. MTyler87

OP MTyler87 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thank you for getting back to me so soon and for the picture comparison. I have been looking for a 101 brown tabbed screen but all I can ever find are the white tabbed (UK here) which is quite frustrating because I've read about multiple issues using that on a motherboard that requires a 40 pin connection.

You don't have any idea where to get such a screen without butchering an old SP by chance?

Thanks!

- Michelle

EDIT: Oh I just took in that you said the screen would work without any issues, that's everything I need to know, thank you VERY much!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, Original, backlit