SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Hi! I want to read magazines that only wrote about GBA during 2000-2005 something..

The best i have found is GBX (Game Boy Xtreme). Very nice! but it only last until 2002.

other magazines are GBA World and Total gamer.. Any other magazines you know about?

Reactions: Deco

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
nintendo power was not a very well known magazine?

i'd also love to read old magazines about gba if someone knows better info...

SLiV3R

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
naah, nintendo power was NOT good at covering GBA games. they released like 4 numbers of GBA guides for the most famous games.. like 30 pages/game. Nothing for me..

N64 magazine had a section in the middle that was called Planet Game Boy. That was good. but short. So im looking for something like GBX, that do many serious reviews =)

SLiV3R

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Nice Omer! That is the best site for gaming magazines =) But i wasnt sure if it was legal so i didnt link to it :D

I have around 20 GB of old Nintendo magazines on my computer! But Im looking for mags like GBX = The hardcore handheld gamer magazines ;)

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to contradict anyone ( I don't like being (that) person) but..

I own 4 guides from Nintendo Power:

Advance Wars 2 Black Hole, Advance Wars Dual Strike, both 128 pages. (So they were around until late DS Pub. 2005)

But I also have Fire Emblem and F.E. Sacred Stones, Nintendo Power Guides, all are 128 pages so I'm guess that was the average page number an they were the best guides written. Today's guides are garbage in comparison IMO. keeping in mind these games had no few cheat codes to reveal, none to speak of anyway. They were mostly maps and walk-through s, but tons of entertaining stories with references to other games throughout.

They showed every resource on every map and how to use every resource to it's greatest advantage Co's etc..

The new Prima guides (for Advance Wars days of ruin look better but hold no comparison IMO. My fav. guided being a Prima dual Guide for Golden Sun 1&2 for GBA. now THAT was a real guide. ...which holds no comparison to their Golden Sun; Dark Dawn Edition.

The art in many of those guides are more beautiful than the games and a must for the true game (GBA) connoisseur.

I've been looking for guides on the original (1st U.S. rel.) Advance Wars but think I've only found them in Japanese. if anything at all.

SLiV3R

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
syfyTy:

I think NP is ok. But NP offers only what you have written: Guides or reviws for the most standard, obvius and popular games. I want to dig deeper in the whole game-library like GBX magazine did.

But handhels has been mistreated by almost all gaming magazines. Just look at this generation in ONM. There are 44 millions 3DS sold compared to like 6 million Wii Us. But they dont care about that and the home console almost always gets most attention (its been like that since the N64 era).

So what Im trying to say is that NP is rather ok imo. But there are 10 other magazines that has written the same stories.. But I want to read about handhelds like GBA.

Quick review number comparasion:

GBX reviews 15-25 GBA games/ issue
NP reviews 1-5 GBA games/ issue (very very short reviews. only a couple of words ^^)

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Necroooo incoming:

Anyways:
Germany had the magnificent, outstanding "Club Nintendo"

Covered lots n lots of GBA stuff too.
(I kept a bunch of mags at my parents house 😊)

nintendo-club-magazine-zeitschriften.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...