madartist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm actually confused about saving files in GBA Exploader. I read tutorials and wiki and understood that I should use SRAM mode, but saves are not working for me.
They are working when I'm playing the game. They are working when I reboot my DS and restart the same game. But when I start any other game and then come back to the previous one (to check if it still got my old save), all saves are blank. It seems to me, that it deletes all saves for previous roms I run, after I try any new rom.

Would anybody please explain me, how should I keep all the previous saves for the previous roms after I run a new rom?

For example... when I run Rayman and create a new save and then reboot DS, I still got this sav and it's working. But when I run FFV, for example, it sems like deleting all Rayman saves. So when I run Rayman after FFV, there are no saves of Rayman anymore, all of them are simply blank (even though I have Rayman.sav on my MicroSD).

Thanks heaps for any help.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
When you launch gbaexploader second time, it asks you the save slot. You just press A there, don't you?
Yes, the OP should be. If you press B it discards the save. When you boot a different game, you will get a similar screen except this one is regarding which save slot to load for that game.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well dunno but you can try this:

- delete the .sav file of the rom you want to load on the second time.

I use YSMENU to load gba roms to my ez 3-in-1 (compare to GBAExp loader, i can use YSMENU as GBAloader and Firmware for DSTT)

When you load a new gba rom on your slot-2, it will ask you to format your SRAM, just select no from the selection, and it will continue to load the gba rom, without touching the SRAM. And you're save file is still there, but I wonder why you want to keep saves from the old one.. as it will be renderless on the new gbarom that you loaded.

madartist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
When you launch gbaexploader second time, it asks you the save slot. You just press A there, don't you?
Yes, sure. This part was not hard.
smile.gif

QUOTEbut I wonder why you want to keep saves from the old one.. as it will be renderless on the new gbarom that you loaded.
Because my brother and I play the same DS. But we play different games. Even I don't always want to play same game all the time... sometimes I change it to a new one, but them come back to the one I played before.
That's why I need my old saves to be kept, so I can continue playing.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madartist said:
Because my brother and I play the same DS. But we play different games. Even I don't always want to play same game all the time... sometimes I change it to a new one, but them come back to the one I played before.
That's why I need my old saves to be kept, so I can continue playing.
Then before passing your NDS to your brother, you should relaunch gbaexploader and save sram to SD.

madartist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I figured out the problem. It's because I was patching gba roms with EZ4 Client before playing, as I read in tutorials. But the new version of GBA Exploader actually does that automatically. That's why my saves didn't work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==